PDA

View Full Version : flywheel?

95legacyl
12-27-2006, 07:15 PM
alright so i was driving to a friends house today and my tranny starts clicking really bad out of no where luckly i was only about 100 feet from his house i pulled in his drive way got out to confirm it was comming from the transmission but its really jerky when driving im getting a tow truck to bring it back to my house but i was wondering what this would be, im thinking the flywheel broke a tooth or something but i doesnt do it when the clutch is depressed any ideas?

Sarra
12-27-2006, 08:01 PM
If you give it some gas and it's in gear, does it just rev up?

Sounds like a clutch, not a flywheel.

I read your entire post completely wrong the first time. I read "so I was driving my friends house"... And I was wondering what a toe truck was, then I realized you meant Tow Truck. And, BTW, Tow trucks can suck. I got stranded on top of a 6,000 foot tall mountain at midnight, my fuel pump ate it, and I had to wait for 2 hours with my friend for the tow truck to get us. :( Then it took another hour to get home. o.O

95legacyl
12-27-2006, 08:33 PM
no it will drive its just really jerky and it better not be the clutch i just replaced it about 2 months ago and when i did the guy working on it said he resurfaced the flywheel not sure if he might have taking to much off or if its even related

oh edited the "toe" truck lol

Sarra
12-27-2006, 10:00 PM
I'd say take it back to the shop that did the last clutch change. It doesn't sound like flywheel, but I could be wrong.

EuroAccord13
12-30-2006, 09:11 AM
It could also be that your clutch lining is dirty...

I won't leave out the flywheel as it could be warped as the flywheel and the pressure plate must parallel in order to be engaged properly.. Warped flywheels are generally caused by overheating so if you have been driving the car hard, the flywheel could be the cause as you have thought of...