PDA

View Full Version : A crazy thought

Sarra
12-27-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm wondering if I could go swap an entire outback suspension onto my Legacy. As in, a newer outback, with more ground clearance, like maybe a 2004 outback. I want more ground clearance, more suspension travel, softer suspension, and something better suited to offroad. Or should I just buy a fully adjustable suspension?

OutbackGT
12-27-2006, 08:50 PM
I may be buying a set of JDM Bilsteins + springs, and I may end up selling my Outback suspension. I'll keep you posted.

Sarra
12-27-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm assuming you have a wagon. I'd be interested, but I need to save up a bunch of money before buying any more parts. I've got to pay my car and visa off, really. Once they're paid off, I'm gonna bump my credit limit up again and do an engine swap.

rougeben83
12-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Sarra, is this for your current GT wagon? Isn't yours a BG? The BE/BH cars recieved a multi-link rear suspension and won't work with any other subaru unfortunately.

Sarra
12-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Sarra, is this for your current GT wagon? Isn't yours a BG? The BE/BH cars recieved a multi-link rear suspension and won't work with any other subaru unfortunately.

It's a BK.

Arg. I want a lift. :( There's a particular road I know about that has a good 3-4 foot drop on it, and I would like to be able to haul butt over it going 70 or 80, but going faster than 40 over it ends up with the car bottoming out. So hard, infact, that I almost ended up smooshing the oil pan on my BE doing just that, going 60 over it. :lol: I'm trying to keep the BK in pristine condition, hence mud guards, skid plates, and it's even going to get fresh paint (after engine swap).

Oh well, I might get the scorpion lift springs, I don't want to do a body lift, but a suspension lift.

gator gt
12-28-2006, 08:00 PM
rouge is correct.

90-94 BC/BF/BJ Legacys used Impreza rear setup (top mounts specific really) universal Subaru front top mount.

95-99 BD/BK/BG Legacys had 4 full struts and used WRX rear top mounts. universal Subaru front top mount.

00-04 BE/BH Legacys swapped to multi-link rears thus giving it a MUCH shorter damper and spring setup. Pretty certain that the fronts remain unchanged.

05+ BL/BP Legacys pretty much stuck with the BE/BH setup.

Wiscon_Mark
12-29-2006, 12:53 AM
A BG outback suspension will still give you about 2.5" extra clearance.

You can also look around for an allied armament lift (I don't think they're still in business, but you can contact them) which would give you 4" :shock:

Sarra
12-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Mmm, 4". I'm thinking 205/70R16 tires... Okay, maybe not.

Well, if I can't find a good way to lift it, I might grab some WRX suspension goodies and lower it, make it a tarmac car, and set it up for auto-x, and get another car for the logging roads.