PDA

View Full Version : What springs?

dplacencia
01-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure if I should go with H&R springs or Eibach springs. The H&Rs lower the car 1.2 in the front and 1.0 in the rear. The Eibachs lowere the car 1.25 all around. I want the front and rears to be at the same height. the front of my car is higher than the rear right now. I'm going with the KYBs GR-2s. Which springs do you guys suggest?

OutbackGT
01-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Neither. I suggest Whiteline. :smile:

d1giPhux
01-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Why do you suggest whiteline? I was thinking about this too.. i really want something that is close to the ride of stock suspension, but a little bit lower, and maybe a LITTLE stiffer. I just really hate when you put a new suspension on, and its so damn stiff you can feel all the cracks and bumps in the road and such. I live in a place where the roads SUCKS.. tons of cracks, potholes, large dips.. so yea.. what do you think is good about the whitelines?

OutbackGT
01-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Honestly, I have no personal experience with Whiteline other than that I can say that their tech support has been outstanding in answering all my questions and a fellow Outbacker is running Whiteline's on his Bilstein struts and likes them alot. I just have a problem when companies like Eibach and H&R can't keep their facts straight and don't know the differences in the chassis. PLUS, Whiteline makes seperate rear springs for wagons.

blackgtbeauty
01-05-2007, 11:33 PM
As previously stated, Eibachs are discontinued for the BD.

Not that you still couldn't find a set...

I've seen plenty of people that have H&R's that are content with them. Probably what I'll go with.

scottzg
01-06-2007, 01:21 AM
lowering your car looks dumb.

OutbackGT
01-06-2007, 01:55 AM

:-?

Wiscon_Mark
01-06-2007, 03:12 AM

Less suspension travel can be bad for handling in certain situations. There are more effective ways to improve handling. Lowering the car is mostly a cosmetic mod, is what I think Scott is trying to say.

Read his sticky on this.