PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Auzzie

subbyrs
06-26-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm from Brisbane Australia, moved here from Wellington New Zealand 4 months ago and loving it!! brought my Legacy over too so loving it even more!!! :P
I'm 38yo, married no kids and have owned the Lego for 6 years now......still pretty stock and I have no real plans for modding.....
Looks like you guys have a pretty good forum, I'm also "SubbyRS" on the RSLibertyClub forums so might see a few familiar faces... :lol:
Cheers all!
Here's my baby, 1991 Legacy RS with 1998 GT-B rims.
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2005/06/16497399_ac239e9442-1.jpg
and

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2005/06/16497401_47ad2ce811-1.jpg

Reason
06-26-2005, 04:04 AM
Welcome to SLi, glad to see you signed up. It's always good seeing some aussies joining.

Wiscon_Mark
06-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Welcome! No doubt you'll be recieving a PM from 2deadlegs about buying that car as soon as he gets on... :lol:
while we're on that subject, where can I get those rims? :D
You may recognize haplesspete, kiwiRS, and there's a few others from down under....
Again, welcome!

gator gt
06-26-2005, 02:48 PM
Oh man....we're gonna start getting out populated with Aussies!

no problem though....love to have our Liberty counterparts joinging our boards and keeping the 'i' in SLi.

Welcome!! Nice ride. No kids......that mean more money for mods?

-GGT

2deadlegs
06-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Nice car....how much do you want for it? :lol:

Contrary to what Mark says I don't buy every Subaru under the sun.....just the ones I can afford and are somewhat close to me.

Your car does look sweet...

pdawg
06-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the site.

subbyrs
06-26-2005, 11:19 PM
thanks all, I'd better clear up a couple of things.....bear in mind I'm not in the least bit offended so feel free to flame, etc :-D

1. I'm not an Auzzie, I'm a kiwi (New Zealander).....calling me an Auzzie is like calling an American a Canadian.....it's just not done :shock:
2. My car is a Legacy, only the Auzzies got Liberty's, I brought mine with me when we shifted from New Zealand to Australia earlier in the year...

But apart from that, THANKS!! :lol: it's all good.......and sorry my car is not for sale.......and yes, no kids means more mods :P

2deadlegs
06-27-2005, 02:15 PM
You are in Australia now...makes you an aussie.

Everything has a price...

subbyrs
06-27-2005, 11:25 PM
You are in Australia now...makes you an aussie.
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Nah, it's all good.....if I have to be an Auzzie it's a small price to pay for moving here :wink:

subbyrs
06-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Everything has a price...

indeed it does...... 8)

subbyrs
06-27-2005, 11:35 PM
[quote="Wiscon_Mark"]
while we're on that subject, where can I get those rims? :D quote]
Cheers! I bought the rims second-hand from a wrecker in New Zealand, I imagine they were never seen in the States so you'd have to hunt around overseas...I don't think they were ever sold new into Auzzie, but they definitely were in New Zealand, if you're serious maybe put some feelers out amongst the kiwi's?? freight would be a killer though....

subbyrs
06-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Welcome! No doubt you'll be recieving a PM from 2deadlegs about buying that car as soon as he gets on... :lol:
while we're on that subject, where can I get those rims? :D
You may recognize haplesspete, kiwiRS, and there's a few others from down under....
Again, welcome!
Cheers!! I bought the rims second-hand from a wrecker in New Zealand, I imagine they were never seen in the States so you'd have to hunt around overseas...I don't think they were ever sold new into Auzzie either, but they definitely were in New Zealand so if you're serious maybe put some feelers out amongst the kiwi's?? freight would be a killer though....

2deadlegs
06-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I would live there....if it weren't for all the deadly, bugs, snakes, and other creatures that could end my life with a quickness.

Kangaroos kick ass!!

SC00BS
07-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Hello stranger, good to see a familiar person on this forum.

2deadlegs - Kangaroos kick ass in bad way. They suck