PDA

View Full Version : door panels....window problem......

markv
02-06-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm having some problems.......ever since i've had my car from the dealer...the window has been too loose ( as in the window wipers that protect it going down....have been too loose...

I know that you have to take off the door panel to adjust it....but can anyone tell me where the screws are, because these panels look pretty clean of screws to me.....?

shazapple
02-06-2007, 05:23 PM
check out the DIY section. I believe Marks door card mod would explain how to take them off. basically tehres two screws, one by the open handle and one by the hand hold, and then a bunch of plastic pop out things

Huffer
02-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I think markv has the new gen LGT...?

markv
02-06-2007, 08:39 PM
i do, i have the 2006 legacy gt, and i've detailed that panel up and down plenty of times, and never caught myself going over any latches, or covers for screws....

you know what i mean? regardless im still going to try and do it.

by the way you guys can just call me mark...

Huffer
02-06-2007, 08:46 PM
No, you cant be Mark. That's too confusing.

PS. Use a signature so that we know what kind of car you have.

markv
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
ok, ok, ok, im just markv.....i understand the confusion.....ima fix the sig. right now...thanks

Wiscon_Mark
02-07-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm Mark.

You can be Marcus :lol:

markv
02-07-2007, 08:48 AM
hahaha....i think I'll just stick with markv for now....the next mark can be marcus....hahahahaa

markv
02-09-2007, 09:09 PM
i no this is a subaru place guys, but my dad wants me to loosen the window wiper things that slide agianst the window as it goes down....can someone help me with this...

he has a volvo s80....i presume its the same with all cars. someone told me that theirs a screw of osme sort that you can loosen or tighten that will adjust the nearness of these wiper things....? any help what so ever will be trendous!!!!!

Wiscon_Mark
02-09-2007, 09:16 PM
If you can get into the door, it's probably pretty self explanatory.

Huffer
02-09-2007, 09:26 PM
i no this is a subaru place guys, but my dad wants me to loosen the window wiper things that slide agianst the window as it goes down....can someone help me with this...

There are support pads in the middle, and ends of the glass. They sit just below the doorline. You will need to take the interior panel off to adjust them.

The dealership might be able to oblige given that the car is still under warranty?

I thought that the car was yours, so what does it matter?

markv
02-09-2007, 10:52 PM
nah thie subie is mine....the volvo s80 is his.....cuz whenever he slides down his windows on the passenger sides the windows squeek likes theres no tomorrow.....

anywayz, i took the doors apart and fixed the drivers side window, but the passenger side is still being stubborn.......

markv
02-16-2007, 11:12 AM
i got a question though, for my lgt (06) when i take off the door panels, will it be right in front of me....

i mean the whole contraption of fixing the space from the window and the wiper protector.......

markv
02-28-2007, 08:42 PM
okay, new prob...

im trying to do this whole panel tightening on myy subaru, i mean i get all of the things loose, but its stuk, or won't budge towards the middle section......i have the new era 2006 legacy gt..if i can i'll take a pic of it ( the procedure i do, and then show you how its stuck....

but any help will be great!!!