PDA

View Full Version : My new rice burner! *FOR SALE*

Reason
02-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Well here is my new ride lol I got it for $1,000. This is NOT how I will drive it. I got it because the engine was quiet and strong, and the tranny shifted nice.

1991 Honda Accord LX coupe 2.2L 5 spd (what it LOOKED like when I got it)
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/02/DSCF0025-4.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/02/DSCF0030-4.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/02/DSCF0038-4.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/02/DSCF0039-4.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/02/DSCF0040-4.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/02/DSCF0042-4.jpg

a few mods

eBay intake
4-2-1 header
high flow cat
GReddy style cat-back
Optima red top
custom oil catch can
Denso U-groove spark plugs
G-Sport ditributor cap
APC :shock: sprak plug wires
LED dome light (white)
LED corner lights (white)
LED reverse lights (white)
LED bumper lights (white)
LED gauges (white)
LED HVAC controls (white)
black housing bumper lens

Here it is now :roll:

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/02/DSCF0068-3.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/03/DSCF0062-4.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/02/DSCF0070-4.jpg

LegacyRob
02-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Man, those hub caps are sweet. That sold the car for me. :lol: :grin:

Reason
02-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I also plan to do some bodywork this summer. My nephew did bodywork for a few years and I'll do what I can to help.

d1giPhux
02-12-2007, 04:00 PM
OOOOOH SHEEEEEIIIIT KNEEGROW! I so called it.. u owe me some stickers!! hahaha. jk. At least its a 92-93 model right? Nice choice! I dont mind the older accords.. they are great cars! Not a bad buy for $1000.. where did you get it? Anything wrong with it! Dope shit man, i actually like it! The body kit might be a little much.. but for $1k.. damn.. good deal! :cool:

edit.. if you lowered it on some nicer rims it would prolly compliment it a lot. Also a less agressive bumper wouldnt look too bad. Where did you get it from.. im trying to find my friend a cheap car for >1000 cause she needs a car.

2nd edit. You might also be able to sell those body kit pieces and get a cleaner body kit.. like wings west or something. and some nice Si rims for it.. plus drop on some ground controls or something.

StatGSR
02-12-2007, 04:30 PM
holy rice burner batman!!!! lmao, jk... kinda.. anyway, once u get that bumper off it should be better. should make for a good daily driver. now u just need to pick up a h22 and swap it in. then your golden.

dplacencia
02-12-2007, 04:38 PM
^ :shock:

Reason
02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
lol no engine swapping for me. This is just to get me to work till I can get something nice.

sheepdog
02-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Here's a couple good accord forums. Lots of good stuff to do to those old accords, if you know where to go. Basically, the legit honda guys and not the ricers lol.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zeroforum/2

http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum/index.php

Reason
02-12-2007, 05:15 PM
I been a member to honda-tech before I bought my CRX. I'll check out the other one.

d1giPhux
02-12-2007, 05:43 PM
I been a member to honda-tech before I bought my CRX. I'll check out the other one.

Accordinglydone is alright.. i still like honda-tech better.

blackgtbeauty
02-12-2007, 06:11 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG it hurts so bad!

I needed that...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love how the plate is attached! Do you still have those headrest springs? They would go well in there! I have a Chock Full O' Nuts can in my kitchen I'll mail you! Free exhaust! Columbian Domestic Market y0!

Ok I'm done, had to get it all out.

SilentRacer
02-12-2007, 06:18 PM
All you need is a fish tank in there and your ride will be officially pimped.

d1giPhux
02-12-2007, 06:20 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG it hurts so bad!

I needed that...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love how the plate is attached! Do you still have those headrest springs? They would go well in there! I have a Chock Full O' Nuts can in my kitchen I'll mail you! Free exhaust! Columbian Domestic Market y0!

Ok I'm done, had to get it all out.

Least its in one piece. :wink:

blackgtbeauty
02-12-2007, 06:41 PM
I thought I saw that car somewhere:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g25/integra92red/pimped.jpg

:grin:

And this one is appropriate right about now as well (not mine, found on LGT.com):

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g25/integra92red/T_is_for_torque.jpg

Wiscon_Mark
02-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Actually, I'm a big fan of those older 2.2L Accords.

Bodywork can be changed easily. Good Buy.

Reason
02-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the pic Rob, that was a good one. I just got back from Autozone and spent $160 on tune up goodies.

d1giPhux
02-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Actually, I'm a big fan of those older 2.2L Accords.

Bodywork can be changed easily. Good Buy.

Yea.. they are good. Much better than the newer series of accords.. and plus.. there are SO many things you can do to them! It may look like rice now.. but hell, least it drives, and u wont have much trouble with it!

Plays_with_Toys
02-12-2007, 07:03 PM
is it atleast a 5speed? I hope someone didn't go through all that work on an auto accord.

Wiscon_Mark
02-12-2007, 07:04 PM
is it atleast a 5speed? I hope someone didn't go through all that work on an auto accord.

Yeah, he already said that.

Reason
02-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Hub caps and wiper blades are off. I cleaned out all the trash. It's inspected already for 2 years. Once I get it on the road I will get new tires and a needed alignment. The kid took out the power steering a few years back. It's tough to turn, my CRX didn't have power steering but it was a smaller car and turning wasn't a problem. I'm not sure if I'm going to put one back in or not. It's going to cost a lot to re-plumb everything and get a rack and pinion from the bone yard.

The interior needs some TLC. Not sure if I'm going to have it cleaned professionally or gut the car. I need a shift knob, shift boot, ebrake boot, tires, alignment, front and rear bumper.

Superu264
02-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Once you take off the rice it'll be alright. good stuff for $1000

how many miles?

shazapple
02-12-2007, 07:09 PM
You need a video camera and some high curbs to get that bumper off!

d1giPhux
02-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Hub caps and wiper blades are off. I cleaned out all the trash. It's inspected already for 2 years. Once I get it on the road I will get new tires and a needed alignment. The kid took out the power steering a few years back. It's tough to turn, my CRX didn't have power steering but it was a smaller car and turning wasn't a problem. I'm not sure if I'm going to put one back in or not. It's going to cost a lot to re-plumb everything and get a rack and pinion from the bone yard.

The interior needs some TLC. Not sure if I'm going to have it cleaned professionally or gut the car. I need a shift knob, shift boot, ebrake boot, tires, alignment, front and rear bumper.

The faster you go.. the easier the lack of power steering will become! :lol: .. god i miss my crx.. those cars rock!

Reason
02-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Here is what I bought today

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/EJ25Legacy/Honda%20Accord/DSCF0026.jpg

I need diff fluid, speed sensor, radio, speakers and and.......

badbasser98
02-12-2007, 07:29 PM
i'm speechless...

StatGSR
02-12-2007, 07:51 PM

haha same oil and filter i used for the suby, diff fluid??? hehe u MTF, honda mtf is the best imo.

Reason
02-12-2007, 08:01 PM

haha same oil and filter i used for the suby, diff fluid??? hehe u MTF, honda mtf is the best imo.

I have Royal Purple I was going to use for a Subaru I was looking to get. Maybe I'll just use that. I'm just trying to get this thing running smooth and reliable.

Superu264
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Let me know how that Engine Brite crap works out

Reason
02-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Let me know how that Engine Brite crap works out

It works great, I always used the foam. This is the gel, it supposed to be better. All the de greasers I used Gunk works the best.

Superu264
02-12-2007, 08:18 PM
nice.

I found out I'm not selling the Legacy my dad's gonna take it and sell the van, so I figure I'll put a bit more effort into the 2WD beast.

OutbackGT
02-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Did you let the kid know you planned on disassembling all his pimpness?

d1giPhux
02-12-2007, 08:29 PM
nice.

I found out I'm not selling the Legacy my dad's gonna take it and sell the van, so I figure I'll put a bit more effort into the 2WD beast.

Gotta treat the 2 wheels with respect! Nothing wrong with that! :cool:

Reason
02-12-2007, 08:41 PM

Well the first thing I said to him I laughed and said "wow, this is going to take some work". I told him I wanted it for the engine, the rest of the crap is going of. I said to him what's up with the paint job? did you do it yourself. He giggled a bit and said no, but I think he did.

This car looks like it came from a city over here where it's mostly Spanish (Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and Guatemalans). They are known to do this to their cars. Chrome hub caps (maybe spining hubcaps) Those light up washer nozels (which I think he had cuz they are gone and he has a set on his Mustang he just bought lol). Their country flag air freshener on the rear view mirror. The chrome door trim...but on every edge of the car :roll: Shitty paint jobs, using shitty colors. Boxed 6x9's on the rear deck. The list goes on, my friends and family been busting my balls pretty bad. I expect it, I need gas, and when I was driving it home last night I wouldn't stop at the gas station because I'm so embarrassed driving that thing lol.

d1giPhux
02-12-2007, 08:46 PM

Well the first thing I said to him I laughed and said "wow, this is going to take some work". I told him I wanted it for the engine, the rest of the crap is going of. I said to him what's up with the paint job? did you do it yourself. He giggled a bit and said no, but I think he did.

This car looks like it came from a city over here where it's mostly Spanish (Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and Guatemalans). They are known to do this to their cars. Chrome hub caps (maybe spining hubcaps) Those light up washer nozels (which I think he had cuz they are gone and he has a set on his Mustang he just bought lol). Their country flag air freshener on the rear view mirror. The chrome door trim...but on every edge of the car :roll: Shitty paint jobs, using shitty colors. Boxed 6x9's on the rear deck. The list goes on, my friends and family been busting my balls pretty bad. I expect it, I need gas, and when I was driving it home last night I wouldn't stop at the gas station because I'm so embarrassed driving that thing lol.

Could always give it the classic 'honda flat black' look. If you wanna fix the way it looks a bit.. i suggest some stock Si rims, and a drop.. would improve the look a ton!

OutbackGT
02-12-2007, 09:13 PM

Yep, it's like that all over the place these days. But I think it's getting a little better. Some people seem to be wising up and actually doing taseful things to their cars.

StatGSR
02-12-2007, 09:21 PM
if your looking for a differant paint job on a small budget check out the "50 dollar paint jobs" that have been going on for the last year or so. im actually planning on painting both the integra and the legacy this way once i have the time. results can be pretty amazing, using rustolem or the new favorite marine topside/brightside paint. even with roll on jobs u can get decent results, then it just comes down the the sanding. but an oem orange peel quality isnt hard to achive with a hvlp gun and a wetsand or 2.

here is the honda-tech thread.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1555133&page=1

there is more good threads out there if u want anymore info, let me know.

Reason
02-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Flat black is what I was going to do. SI rims would be nice but I had a hell of a time finding a set for my CRX. I might get Tein S-Tech and AGX struts (or GR-2's). I don't want to put too much money into it. I'm looking into doing a custom oil catch can like my friend did on his 02 Max. It has an intake on it. The air filter was filthy and drenched with oil. And when I took it off there was a puddle of oil sitting in the intake. That's my reason for the catch can.

d1giPhux
02-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Yea, i painted my crx and it came out good! Used a HVLP spray gun i bought with a regulator, filter and an air compressor i rented for the day!

Plays_with_Toys
02-12-2007, 10:22 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1555133&page=1

A-freaking-mazing!

d1giPhux
02-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Yea.. that was a good paint link man, very awesome! Makes me wanna buy a rex and fix it up just to try this paint technique out!

StatGSR
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
yea most of the good stuff has been showing up later in the thread, as well as the one on the mopar site. im excited to give it a shot if i can.

Plays_with_Toys
02-12-2007, 11:28 PM
I wonder how hard that paint technique would be to apply to wheels. If it's as durable as stated, it'd be a good step between spray can and powdercoat.

ooberdoob
02-12-2007, 11:29 PM

the proper filter is 14460.

you know i'm around for some garage days shane

Reason
02-12-2007, 11:43 PM

The # in the book was 14480. But they didn't have any. So I asked the guy if he had any and thats what he gave me :roll: 1 I should have look at the fuel filter in the first place so I knew what it looked like and 2 I should have questioned the wrong part number. That's fine, I have to go back there tomorrow anyway.

Reason
02-13-2007, 02:59 AM
Oh man I almost forgot the best part. It has carsponsorship.com decals all over it lmfao. I'll snap some pics before I clean all the crap off the windows.

badbasser98
02-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Oh man I almost forgot the best part. It has carsponsorship.com decals all over it lmfao. I'll snap some pics before I clean all the crap off the windows.
oh man.. :lol:

ooberdoob
02-13-2007, 11:33 AM
i meant for the 2.5, it's 14460, sorry.

i think tori's civic is 14459, actually.

Wiscon_Mark
02-13-2007, 12:01 PM
The EJ22 has the same filter, IIRC.

Reason
02-13-2007, 03:18 PM
i meant for the 2.5, it's 14460, sorry.

i think tori's civic is 14459, actually.

2.5? What are you talking about?

JMoney
02-13-2007, 04:09 PM
PLEASE keep it the way it is.

Wiscon_Mark
02-13-2007, 05:37 PM
2.5? What are you talking about?

Subarus, silly ;)

warrior
02-15-2007, 12:40 PM
can you mail me the double wipers? I heard those deflect wind better and improve your aerodynamics on your vehicle!

I was honestly about to buy an accord and then I saw this lovely BE driving down the road and thought 'what the hell is THAT car' and said forget honda!

subba
02-15-2007, 09:35 PM
c'mon reason a accord :P i dont blame you, i was thinking bout getting a car that i can actually get parts for...... jus kill the front bumper on your car tho lol..

I might actually buy a toyota ha ha

Reason
02-16-2007, 04:54 PM

Looks like I can use my K&N oil filter I was going to use for the Legacy on the Accord, they have the same part # 1004

Reason
02-20-2007, 02:47 AM
I did a little poking around today. Looks like I have some exhaust blow by at most of the gaskets. I'm going to replace them all. I might wrap the header and polish the throttle body and do a coolant bypass. The interior needs to be cleaned. I want to take a pic to show how shitty it looks now and when I'm done with it.

Reason
02-21-2007, 12:20 AM
I took some interior shots before I touch it. Looks like crap...straight up.

I changed the plug wires, cleaned the TB with seafoam deep creep. I tighten the throttle cable and adjusted the idle. Car is running smooth right now. I also have seafoam in the tank. Tomorrow I will do an oil change and change the fuel filter.

I have my OEM bumper, I order a bunch of shit. I'm going to get another trunk and rear bumper in the next few weeks.

Wiscon_Mark
02-21-2007, 12:26 AM
pictures, baby!

Reason
02-21-2007, 12:39 AM
pictures, baby!

The whole front end is off right now. I'm finding missing screws and nuts. I also need to get sockets for the OEM bumper lights since this ass took them off. I just noticed that the front strunt mounts have ONE nut each. I think he had a tower brace and took it off and didnt bother to put the nuts back. So off to autozone tomorrow.

Wiscon_Mark
02-21-2007, 08:30 AM
I just noticed that the front strunt mounts have ONE nut each. I think he had a tower brace and took it off and didnt bother to put the nuts back.

:shock:

That kid should be slapped.

d1giPhux
02-21-2007, 09:19 AM
pictures, baby!

The whole front end is off right now. I'm finding missing screws and nuts. I also need to get sockets for the OEM bumper lights since this ass took them off. I just noticed that the front strunt mounts have ONE nut each. I think he had a tower brace and took it off and didnt bother to put the nuts back. So off to autozone tomorrow.

good jesus man! lucky it didnt bend the hell out of the metal around the strut tower and such.. what a dumb ass.

Reason
02-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Me and my brother spent the morning at the bone yard and the rest of the day fucking around with this car. We reinstalled the power steering, I can turn with ease now!!

I screw around with the exhaust too. I replaced blown gaskets and put in a silencer, it still sounds like shit. I'm going to look for a muffler on eBay. I seen a GReddy EVO knock off and GReddy SP knock off. I heard the SP on an Accord and it sounded good. I think the EVO sounds good, but not really sure.

I also picked up a trunk in good shape with no spoiler or holes. Hood latch since one of mine is busted. I need to fix the gas tank, one of the straps is loose. She is getting there slowly. As far as I can tell she runs good, I just need to get rid of the damn ricer muffler and paint the car.

Feiton
03-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Flat black is what I was going to do. SI rims would be nice but I had a hell of a time finding a set for my CRX. I might get Tein S-Tech and AGX struts (or GR-2's). I don't want to put too much money into it. I'm looking into doing a custom oil catch can like my friend did on his 02 Max. It has an intake on it. The air filter was filthy and drenched with oil. And when I took it off there was a puddle of oil sitting in the intake. That's my reason for the catch can.

CRX rims wont fit the accord, they used a bigger bolt pattern 4x114. My friend used to have acura CL wheels on one and it looked pretty nice. If you need any OEM parts, I have an extra engine and some body parts left over from one I parted out.

Good luck!

Reason
03-08-2007, 07:33 PM

CRX rims wont fit the accord, they used a bigger bolt pattern 4x114. My friend used to have acura CL wheels on one and it looked pretty nice. If you need any OEM parts, I have an extra engine and some body parts left over from one I parted out.

Good luck!

Give me a short run down what you have left. I need a steering rack.

Reason
03-11-2007, 04:12 AM
Damn was I lucky! Looks like the kid bottomed out the car and smashed the power steering line cover and it broke opened the pressure line. We cut out the damaged end and replaced it. Threw in some Lucas PS fluid and she is good to go. So that saves me some money :grin:

Reason
03-11-2007, 07:59 PM
This car is for sale bitches! Tell yo friends!

This car is in way better shape than when I got it. I'm sending it to get the interior steam cleaned next weekend and want to do a few things to the body

subba
03-11-2007, 08:31 PM
i wanna see it let us in on some piktures

Reason
03-11-2007, 08:44 PM

I will start to try to sell the car hard core in a week or 2. Once I finish the body I will post pics.

d1giPhux
03-11-2007, 08:57 PM

I will start to try to sell the car hard core in a week or 2. Once I finish the body I will post pics.

find something new? let us knowww!

Reason
03-11-2007, 09:09 PM

find something new? let us knowww!

My fathers 96 neon crank seal went. So he went and bought a new car. He was going to junk it :roll: . So I got him to give it to me. I'll have the crank seal and timing belt done and use it as my daily driver. I want to get a nice car. I was thinking about a RS and then do a swap. 2nd I was thinking about a WRX. 3rd I was thinking about getting a G35, maybe a 2002. I just seen a CLEAN 92 SVX LS-I. This thing looks like it is brand new. I can't believe how great it looks. One word to describe it....Flawless. 54k miles on it... Yes only 54k miles its pearl with the upper half black. I would love to get it but the STEALERSHIP wants $15,900 for it :shock: :shock: :shock:

So I'll be looking around for something between now and summer time. I want it to be the RIGHT car.

subba
03-11-2007, 09:15 PM
a svx with only 56k on it? check see if any screws are missing from the dash :lol:

I like the SVX's for some reason and i never seen one in real life before

deadlydave
03-11-2007, 10:08 PM
SVX's can go very VERY fast on the highway. Just watch the rear wheel bearings, they had some issues. But damn, they are good looking cars.

Wiscon_Mark
03-11-2007, 10:38 PM
SVXs are money pits compared to other subies, but they're worth it to many.

OutbackGT
03-11-2007, 11:39 PM
You get big unique-points with an SVX.

Reason
03-12-2007, 05:24 AM
You get big unique-points with an SVX.

I doubt I'm going to pay more for a 92 Subaru now than I did my Legacy 6 years ago. $15,900 is a little ridiculous. But I have been known to do stupid things :wink:

Wiscon_Mark
03-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Oh. Freakin' forget it.

Most SVXs go for about 2-3k these days...unless it was practically brand new (like sub 10k miles) it wouldn't be worth nearly what the stealership wants.

d1giPhux
03-12-2007, 09:43 AM
SVX's are junk.. so i hear from a friend around here who knows someone who owns one. I wouldnt want one.. too rare, too weird looking. I dont like the way the windows are on them, i wonder how many blind spots they have. But wow.. a neon over the accord? I dunno about that.. you just stepped up in the rice ladder i guess! LOL Now all you need is to slap an aluminum wing on it and call it a day!

Wiscon_Mark
03-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I don't really view a Neon as a more reliable car than an SVX. It's expected life is like 90,000 miles :lol:

Reason
03-12-2007, 10:00 AM
I know this neon well. We had it for 6 years, I know what's wrong with it, what went wrong with it and anything that was fixed. It's good on gas (what I'm looking for) and its small and has a big trunk (for my tools for work). I need a work car, I need something that will get me around. I figured an auto tranny will be better for work. I don't want a manual for my everyday car, fuck that. Traffic before and after work and being tired. So I plan on selling the Accord. I won't put 1 cent in the neon, just the crank seal timing belt gas and a wash here and there. My second car will be something sexy, just don't know what I will come across till then. I miss having a car that if anyone would walk close to it I would cringe.

d1giPhux
03-12-2007, 12:26 PM
I know this neon well. We had it for 6 years, I know what's wrong with it, what went wrong with it and anything that was fixed. It's good on gas (what I'm looking for) and its small and has a big trunk (for my tools for work). I need a work car, I need something that will get me around. I figured an auto tranny will be better for work. I don't want a manual for my everyday car, fuck that. Traffic before and after work and being tired. So I plan on selling the Accord. I won't put 1 cent in the neon, just the crank seal timing belt gas and a wash here and there. My second car will be something sexy, just don't know what I will come across till then. I miss having a car that if anyone would walk close to it I would cringe.'

Well dont worry! Now with the neon THEY will do the cringing for you! :lol: just kidding! im sure it will make a fine work car.. just sucks you bought the accord then have to get rid of it.. hope u can get ur $1200 back or whatever!

Reason
03-12-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't have to sell it, Honda is just not for me anymore. I thought it would be fun like my CRX but it's not. I'm not talking about the handling of the car just an over all feeling. The Accord shifts 10 times better than my CRX did. I most likely will end up with a newer Subaru.

Huffer
03-12-2007, 01:26 PM
You should have bought an Impreza L wagon.

d1giPhux
03-12-2007, 01:39 PM

ew.. id rather have a accord over that. But yea, thats why i got rid of my accord.. granted it was a 94.. was not nearly as fun as the crx. I miss my crx! Maybe one day i will get another one just to mod.

Reason
03-12-2007, 02:07 PM

I thought about getting a 2nd gen Legacy wagon. I was biding one at an auction and got out bided.

dodik
03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
get H6 sedan they are fun especially vdc versions

Reason
03-12-2007, 02:22 PM
get H6 sedan they are fun especially vdc versions

If I got a H6 sedan I would want to do a STi 6 speed swap. I want to get something that I can mod nicely. Not much for me to do with a H6. Don't get me wrong, I like them and I could have SOME fun with it but I think I would get bored really fast.

Wiscon_Mark
03-12-2007, 02:52 PM

ew.. id rather have a accord over that. But yea, thats why i got rid of my accord.. granted it was a 94.. was not nearly as fun as the crx. I miss my crx! Maybe one day i will get another one just to mod.

What's so 'ew' about it? Just because it's a wagon? Shane's looking for practical here, and a hatch/wagon would be great for tools.

Reason
03-12-2007, 03:17 PM

What's so 'ew' about it? Just because it's a wagon? Shane's looking for practical here, and a hatch/wagon would be great for tools.

Practical is the word! ding ding ding ding! Tell the kid what he won....nothing :wink: But yea a wagon would be the better choice vs a sedan or a truck. But I don't carry a shit load of tools to NEED a wagon. My work tools consist of 2 spud wrenches a spike, 12" crescent, 9" pliers, wire cutters, wire wheel, stick ruler, tape measure, welding hood, a few pair of different kind of gloves, the rest of my welding gear and a few odds and ends. No power tools at the moment, and I won't be carrying larger power tools and welding leads till I become a foreman. Even then a wagon still would be my best bet. But if I get a 2nd gen wagon I KNOW I will try to mod it :roll: lol

d1giPhux
03-12-2007, 04:17 PM

I think they are ugly as a dog.. the impreza wagons that is. As a work machine though.. it would be very functional! I do like the legacy wagons.. but not the impreza ones. yuck.

Huffer
03-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I think they are ugly as a dog.. the impreza wagons that is. As a work machine though.. it would be very functional! I do like the legacy wagons.. but not the impreza ones. yuck.

Here's my dog :twisted:
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2005/09/040424_PrincessBay2_roaming_sml-1.jpg

d1giPhux
03-12-2007, 07:20 PM

Here's my dog :twisted:
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2005/09/040424_PrincessBay2_roaming_sml-1.jpg

Yea.. i just really dont like the back end on those things.. and that wing. I dunno. If thats your's tho.. dont look so bad. Its just not for me!

Reason
03-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Nice ride roger

OutbackGT
03-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Congrats on the Neon over the Accord. Torque FTW. I'd actually love a Neon ACR Competition coupe. They do VERY well in SCCA road racing events.

Reason
03-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Congrats on the Neon over the Accord. Torque FTW. I'd actually love a Neon ACR Competition coupe. They do VERY well in SCCA road racing events.

Neon....torque?? Not this neon :lol:

Wiscon_Mark
03-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah, Neon =/= torque :lol:

OutbackGT
03-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Compared to the Honda, I mean. Is it the 2.0L?

Reason
03-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Compared to the Honda, I mean. Is it the 2.0L?

it's a 96, I NEVER ever looked into specs. Nor did I ever care to.

Wiscon_Mark
03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Pretty sure 2.0L was the only option in that year.

I never really thought the 2.2L Honda Engine was that gutless.

Reason
03-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I never really thought the 2.2L Honda Engine was that gutless.

NA Subaru 2.2 is 135 HP 143 TQ the 2.2 motor I have (non Vtec) has 125HP 145 TQ. So I don't understand what you guys are talking about.

Wiscon_Mark
03-12-2007, 11:50 PM
They're just basing every Honda on the Civic 1.6L engine ;)

OutbackGT
03-13-2007, 12:34 AM
I didn't even know Honda put a 2.2L in an Accord! I was assuming 1.6L. Damn. Looks like you should keep the Honda for your uber-tite JDM street racing fantasies! :lol:

Huffer
03-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Yea.. i just really dont like the back end on those things.. and that wing. I dunno. If thats your's tho.. dont look so bad. Its just not for me!

Of course that's mine. :lol:
And the wing? That's stock STi.

Horses for courses. Once you've had a hatch, or a wagon, and can tear it up a mountain road with a load of camping gear in the back, you never look back. ;)

Wiscon_Mark
03-13-2007, 11:58 AM
+eleventy billion

Wagons have better weight distribution ;)

subba
03-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Long Cars > Short/Mid Size Cars :cool:

d1giPhux
03-13-2007, 01:29 PM
No thanks on the wagons guys.. maybe when i hit the age of 35+ and rockin out with some kids or something.. but for now.. not sporty looking enough. That mid wing also reminds me too much of ricer-honda cars.. and yes, when i use to have a honda.. i knew lots of people with the 'mid wing'.. just not for me!..

Maybe someday when i get the rime to go camping, or actually have a user for a wagon.. i will get one.. but until then! Sedan all the way! :twisted:

edit : oh.. ive also owned a hatch.. honda civic hatchback.. only hatch id ever rock out.. because its not super long.

Huffer
03-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Wagons also have better stability at high speed. ;)

d1giPhux
03-13-2007, 02:29 PM

Wagons can go fast? :lol: .. and no.. dont show me your favorite beefed up modded wagon, or h6's .. :wink:

But you wouldnt want to do that.. because then all your camping gear would go flying around.. and your children might fall out of the windows! HAHA.

Okay.. getting a bit retarded here. :smt005

Huffer
03-13-2007, 03:06 PM
The GT-B actually held the top speed record in Japan in it's mid-size class for about 7 years... ;)

d1giPhux
03-13-2007, 03:09 PM
The GT-B actually held the top speed record in Japan in it's mid-size class for about 7 years... ;)

hahah, you bastard.. i forgot to include the GT-B in my list of things not to include.. LOL. So.. how many people on this board own a GT-B? Like 1... maybe 2? If someone gave me a GT-B, i wouldnt complain.. but, i think a sedan version would still be better! :twisted:

Hell, if i was gonna spend that much money on a car though, or even HAD that much money to blow.. i would just get something else, and not a subaru...especially since i dont like the new body styles anyways.

Wiscon_Mark
03-13-2007, 10:38 PM

Wagons can go fast? :lol: .. and no.. dont show me your favorite beefed up modded wagon, or h6's .. :wink:

This is the most retarded statement...as if the wagon's peformance is less than the sedan's in the same trimlines. And why wouldn't we show you an H6? Because it's fast? :lol:

Reason
03-13-2007, 10:44 PM

This is the most retarded statement...as if the wagon's peformance is less than the sedan's in the same trimlines. And why wouldn't we show you an H6? Because it's fast? :lol:

d1giPhux confuses the hell out of mw with his posts :lol: If he dosen't like something it's really not that bad. But then if he likes something it sucks in a way lmfao Dude what the hell is going on?? :lol:

Wiscon_Mark
03-13-2007, 10:45 PM
I get lost in his posts sometimes too.

d1giPhux
03-13-2007, 10:48 PM

I confuse myself! :smt005

Its all good.. you really know i got love for the wagons! :wink:

I love that emoticon btw!! :smt005

Reason
03-13-2007, 10:52 PM

I confuse myself! :smt005

Its all good.. you really know i got love for the wagons! :wink:

I love that emoticon btw!! :smt005

That's funny, at least you didn't take it the wrong way.

Reason
03-13-2007, 10:54 PM
What the crap?? So back on TOPIC! I had my interior cleaned today :roll: omg it was crazy. The guy said dirt was just pouring out of the rear seat. He took it out to really clean it because it was so bad. The car doesn't smell like dirty feet anymore. It looks a little better. I take some more pics soon just for shits.

d1giPhux
03-13-2007, 10:57 PM
What the crap?? So back on TOPIC! I had my interior cleaned today :roll: omg it was crazy. The guy said dirt was just pouring out of the rear seat. He took it out to really clean it because it was so bad. The car doesn't smell like dirty feet anymore. It looks a little better. I take some more pics soon just for shits.

How much you pay for it to get cleaned? Did they clean the carpets and stuff too? Yea, pics!! :grin:

Reason
03-13-2007, 11:00 PM
They cleaned the whole interior for $40. I wasn't going to fuck with it. It was NASTY, he must have sprayed the car down with febreeze.

Superu264
03-26-2007, 02:21 PM
I take some more pics soon just for shits.

yo, pics, now. :smt076

Reason
03-26-2007, 03:04 PM
The hood came out shitty, it was windy. I may fix it when I do the rest, I'm not sure yet.

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/03/DSCF0063-4.jpg

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/03/DSCF0062-4.jpg

Wiscon_Mark
03-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Much much better, Shane :smt023

Reason
03-26-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm going to do the rims over like I did on my CRX. I sanded the one of the rear drums cleaned and painted it black. Looks better so I'm going to do the other side. I cleaned and painted to of the wheel wells, there was blue overspray all over.

Huffer
03-26-2007, 03:30 PM
The accord looks much nicer with the flat black.

you could do a "panda" job on it... ;)

Reason
03-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Took some pics of it how it is right now (1st post) I'm done dumping money into it. It's going up for sale this weekend. I have a 96 Neon that needs a crank seal woohoo!

Reason
03-29-2007, 02:27 PM
I painted the wheel wells and the rims black. Looks pretty good. When the Neon comes back I will start work on that bitch. I'm trying to hold back and not spend money on it. I already browsed ebay to see what they have for it :roll:

Reason
04-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Rear bumper is sprayed and put on. I have the trunk lid painted too. I just need to throw it on. I also got mod flaps off the EX. My new EX coupe :wink: I'm going to try to trade this bitch in soon. Still waiting for my neon to be ready.

Reason
08-02-2008, 06:19 PM
I should have dubbed this car sex appeal lol

BUMPING all my old whips!

Grafton
08-02-2008, 09:32 PM
does it come with chopsticks?