PDA

View Full Version : New guy, from rochester, NY

Feiton
02-24-2007, 03:37 AM
Hey, I'm Alex. I am 23 from Rochester, NY, I'm a part time student and full time worker (car dealing/delivering pizza)

I will admit I am somewhat of a Honda person at heart but front wheel drive gets boring pretty fast, and I'm not ready to buy an s2k or an NSX. Currently my main toy car is a 1995 BMW M3, it is set up for scca right now to compete in BS, I also have a daily driver which is a 2007 Scion TC.

For this winter (06-07) I bought a 1998 legacy 2.5gt for my winter beater ($1,500 from a dlr-auction) Unfortunately the car only made it about a month before it started over-heating at any stop and go traffic, I suffered head gasket denial and replaced everything else on the coolant system (water pump, thermo, radiator, etc.) but still no luck. After sitting on the car all winter I recently decided to go all out with it and drop in the ej205 from a 04 WRX. I am still waiting for the motor to be shipped so right now im just gathering information and parts to hopefully make this a successful project in the spring.

My current goals for the car is to have something fun for scca rally cross, road rallys and maybe some ice racing next winter, the reason I went with the ej205 instead of another N/A 2.5l is that I really haven't had any turbo cars to play with. I also don't want to hear any of that why not just buy a WRX talk, the building the car aspect of this is half the fun for me...

d1giPhux
02-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Welcome to the forums man! Keep us updated on your project, as it will be really cool to see the progress! Wish i could put a wrx engine in my car, that would make my day!! How much you buy the engine for? Get some pics up when you can as well! :cool:

MXS
02-24-2007, 11:09 AM
hey. :cool:

Wiscon_Mark
02-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the forums. If you haven't made yourself familiar with the Nasioc swap forums, do it, there's a ton of info on the EJ205 over there.

AJM
02-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Good lord, another person from NY.

Welcome aboard.

dplacencia
02-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Welcome! :smile:

Reason
02-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Eww another Honda guy.... :roll: .....welcome :wink:

LunchBox04V
02-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Welcome! have fun with the swap! Nice to see someone else that has played with the M3's. Tons of fun ah!!

Feiton
03-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Thanks everyone! I dont have any pics of the legecy yet since its covered in about 2 feet of snow and ice, but once it warms up and this project gets going ill have lots of pics to post.

Plays_with_Toys
03-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Welcome!

Somehow "winter beater" and "WRX swap" in the same sentence don't make much sense to me. I know I wish I had the kind of coinage and time for such a winter car :twisted: Can't wait to see what you roll out with.

Feiton
03-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Welcome!

Somehow "winter beater" and "WRX swap" in the same sentence don't make much sense to me. I know I wish I had the kind of coinage and time for such a winter car :twisted: Can't wait to see what you roll out with.

Its no longer going to be a winter beater after the swap, thats just what I orignally bought the car for. Im actually going in 50/50 with someone else on the car, both of us wanted a rally car to play with but already have to many toys, so spiliting it sounded like a good option. I paid for the car and he paid for the engine and after that we are just doing 50/50 on all parts.

ah_alex_
03-10-2007, 02:35 AM
i wish i had a friend who would go 50/50 on putting a wrx motor in my car :lol: