PDA

View Full Version : Power Window Pop?

jjs316
03-01-2007, 12:28 PM
When my driverside window is all the way down and i go to raise it up there is a loud pop/click right at the beginning. No other window does it or the driverside one wont do it if there is just a little bit of the window still up, it has to be completely down.

anyone know what this could be? Thanks

Huffer
03-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Sounds like something is loose inside the door.

jjs316
03-01-2007, 07:02 PM
I figured if it was something loose i would hear it no matter if the window was down a little or all the way, or even if i just close my door. Maybe it is though.

studum
03-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Do you have aftermarket speakers?

I had this once and it turned out the terminals on the speakers stuck out from the magnet a touch and I didn't factor that into my clearance. I bent the terminals the other way and all is fine.

Just a thought, but if it was that you probably would have noticed that once the speakers were installed.

Reason
03-01-2007, 08:17 PM
I had the same problems. The brackets that hold the motor to the door were loose and it was banging the inner panel. I had to adjust it back into place an need new bolts (there were 1 left out of four).

jjs316
03-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Do you have aftermarket speakers?

I had this once and it turned out the terminals on the speakers stuck out from the magnet a touch and I didn't factor that into my clearance. I bent the terminals the other way and all is fine.

Just a thought, but if it was that you probably would have noticed that once the speakers were installed.

Ill have to check that cause they were sony explodes installed before i bought the car.

jjs316
03-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I havent gotten to check it cause ive been busy with school, but if it was the speakers, wouldnt it do it on the passenger window too? its only my driverside one.

Wiscon_Mark
03-25-2007, 11:57 AM
It's probably the speakers rubbing. It really depends on how the speakers were mounted and what angle they put the speaker mounting bracket in at.

I cut the shield on the back of my brackets to eliminate this problem.

Reason
03-25-2007, 01:13 PM
I'll put money on your window motor. It most likely coming off the door. Did this start to happen? if it did then it's not your speakers. Unless your expand over time it's not them. You bought the car after the speakers were installed, and if this problem just started I'm pretty sure it's not the speakers. Unless there is something loose like Roger said. I think the motor is popping against the door.

jjs316
03-25-2007, 01:16 PM
yeah i bought it with the speakers already in it, dont remember if it did it from the time i bought it or not. just started noticing it now that i have the window up and down more cause the warmer weather.

im going in for easter break in a week or two so ill take it apart and check the speakers and if all the bolts are tight and there on the motor. Thanks all

jjs316
03-25-2007, 01:17 PM
I'll put money on your window motor. It most likely coming off the door. Did this start to happen? if it did then it's not your speakers. Unless your expand over time it's not them. You bought the car after the speakers were installed, and if this problem just started I'm pretty sure it's not the speakers. Unless there is something loose like Roger said. I think the motor is popping against the door.

wouldnt it pop no matter if the window is half down or all the way down if the motor bolts are lose and its popping against the door? Just a thought. Thanks again

Reason
03-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Mine was only popping all the way down. All it takes is 5 mins to pop off the panel to check. People can tell you what they think it is all day. You won't know till you look.