PDA

View Full Version : CUSTOM GAUGES....BD/BG

importtund
03-07-2007, 08:59 AM
:arrow: This has been posted several times on many forums and people are still trying to make this happen,
Now I'm not sure exactly how many people are interested in this but if you are please, post here! We need a total of 15 pre-orders before speedhut will begin construction so let's make this happen or shut it down now!

Gauges: $109.00
Shipping: $8.00
Preorder: $1.00

http://www.speedhut.com/15orders_el_det ... =97&bhcp=1 (http://www.speedhut.com/15orders_el_detail.asp?auto_number=97&bhcp=1)

This group buy fits the following models.
Subaru Legacy GT sedan,wagon 97-99
Subaru Legacy GT limited 99
Subaru Legacy Outback,limited 97-99

AS OF MAR 17th WE HAVE:
5-Preorders
10-People needed

Kraziken
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
I already replied, but count me in for two if it is a deal breaker. I'll sell my second set of gauges at a later date to recoup the costs if I can help push this thru.

ooberdoob
03-07-2007, 09:25 PM
if i could find a way to make my needles glow, i'd do it.

importtund
03-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Glow needles have been mentioned several times before, and personaly I'd like to have them aswell, so it's time we crush this too!(can it be done)?
Since I'm in Iraq I can't really lead on this one, I can do some online research but someone will have to do the technical research and actually try to get these to work... first we need to find out what needle we need to swap our with, and if they will work correctly, then we need a back light source for the needles if they don't already glow when swaped... if they already glow then all we'd need to do is change the back lighting bulbs.... any other ideas on this one?

:roll:

:!: UPDATE :!: So I did alittle research online like I said I would, this is what I found out...
The needles we need have to be lexan based.. lexan is just a way of saying they are glowing stock needles...(transparent)
So we need to find a vehicle with lexan gauge needles that will or can be altered to fit our car and still have gauge accuracy. once we have stock lexan based needles there is a kit you can buy... http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/home_ ... ail&id=729 (http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/home_n.asp?dir=detail&id=729)
not sure if that's all we'll need but I'm looking more into to this give me ah few days...

importtund
03-10-2007, 10:39 AM
so in the last two days we've had two orders, and We need 10 more.... I know others are interested it's just their affraid to put up the 1$ preorder because they think this will never happen.
IF YOU WANT THEM PLACE THE PREORDER, I HAVE A PRETTY GOOD FEELING THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN!

*side note* so about the glow needles, it just looks like someone needs to go to a junk yard and find some lexan based needles, and try to swap them out with ours... see if that works and if so then buy the kit :)

galek_98gt
03-10-2007, 01:05 PM
i had already put in my preorder like two years ago and should still be in their database.

importtund
03-10-2007, 01:37 PM
i had already put in my preorder like two years ago and should still be in their database.

you may want to call them because when I spoke with them the other day they said they had discarded a few orders a couple monthes ago....

oskar_subaru
03-11-2007, 11:25 AM
if i place a pre-order , will all the options thei list on the site be available to us ?
becouse i would die if i could get the "reverse el-glo" with the "Jet black w/white "cobalt blue" font " and maybe a litle Subaru logo on the rev counter

importtund
03-11-2007, 02:59 PM
if i place a pre-order , will all the options thei list on the site be available to us ?
becouse i would die if i could get the "reverse el-glo" with the "Jet black w/white "cobalt blue" font " and maybe a litle Subaru logo on the rev counter

Yes, all the options they list on the site be available to us.

oskar_subaru
03-14-2007, 04:11 PM

Yes, all the options they list on the site be available to us.

well, then count me in :grin:

AussieDan
03-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Nice to see people still interested in this. I started the pre-order and can tell you that SpeedHut have been great people to deal with through the whole process.

I haven't spoken to them about the possibility of converting to lexan needles, but I'm sure it is possible, just a matter of how much work in involved.

If anyone has a spare cluster around they could take apart and investigate, let us know!

Reason
03-17-2007, 12:53 AM
If everyone thats want's them put the order in there wouldn't be an issue. Even though I don't have a Legacy I will try to free up some funds and make sure I can place an order if it goes through.

importtund
03-17-2007, 08:26 AM
If everyone thats want's them put the order in there wouldn't be an issue. Even though I don't have a Legacy I will try to free up some funds and make sure I can place an order if it goes through.

I agree, the problems is that no one wants to be the "first to go" and entill we have like 13 or 14 everyone is "the first"

1-3-2-4
12-17-2007, 09:49 PM
one thing that I wanted to know is will they have kph listed as well? and is it possible to get reverse EL glow with a white color?

AussieDan
12-18-2007, 08:02 AM
As I am the one who started this off, let me tell you that the guys at Speedhut were great to deal with.

They will do kph, mph or both markings. I'm not sure about the reverse el-glo but I think they can do that too.

It has been said many times before, but the only way this will happen is for people to stop waiting around for 'more people to sign up' and actually sign up. All they ask is for a $1 deposit, seriously skip buying a soda and give them the $1. If you're worried about giving out your credit card number, do a google search for chargeback.

I apologize if I offend anyone, but if everyone who had said they would sign up if there were more people had just bitten the bullet and risked their $1, these would be in production. To put things into perspective, I spent close to $100 to purchase the cluster and get the ball rolling, trying to help out the community by making these parts available.

To those of you who have signed up and are trying to spread the word, my thanks for making the effort to support the community. To the rest of you, the only way this will happen is if YOU take action and make it happen.

1-3-2-4
12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
I'd buy it if I knew what year model I was getting... I think it's a good price IMHO..

Only thing I don't like is having to wait for all the orders to come in.. why not say if you REALLY want your why not charge more like $120-130 instead of waiting for the rest of the orders to come in.

I really want a white lit gauges but look like normal black during the day. Sort of what the 05 LGT has.

d1giPhux
12-18-2007, 02:47 PM
What colors would YOU guys get? What would be closest to JDM stock?

AWDBat
12-19-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm in. My gauges are pretty dim, so an upgrade would be nice. Besides, I've ordered from Speedhut before and they are good guys and local!

Reason
12-20-2007, 12:05 AM

What he said

AussieDan
12-20-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm in. My gauges are pretty dim, so an upgrade would be nice. Besides, I've ordered from Speedhut before and they are good guys and local!
Congrats! Let's get this thing rolling again!

1-3-2-4
12-20-2007, 11:43 AM
What colors would YOU guys get? What would be closest to JDM stock?

curious too.. I think JDM was like a yellow/amber color?

d1giPhux
12-20-2007, 12:39 PM
I think contrast is the biggest problem with some of the color selections. I want something that you can see good during the day, but looks great at night.

Ideally, white gauge face, black lettering would look great for daytime viewing, then backlit red at night.. thats what im thinking. Only problem is.. seems like all they have is the ricer blue back lighting.

Reason
12-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Are you guys even looking at the options??????

1-3-2-4
12-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Are you guys even looking at the options??????

I picked all the color options and I really don't care too much for them.. I'm looking for something more or less with the numbers/letters that light this color as seen in this thread.

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=177&highlight=

d1giPhux
12-20-2007, 10:08 PM
^ Yeah, i really like that as well... dont think it would be hard to make something like that.. too bad they dont offer better color combos.

1-3-2-4
12-28-2007, 03:47 AM
i agree and no word yet on kph? I like to go to canada every year and having kph along with mph would be good

AussieDan
12-28-2007, 09:23 AM
i agree and no word yet on kph? I like to go to canada every year and having kph along with mph would be good

They will do kph, mph or both markings. I'm not sure about the reverse el-glo but I think they can do that too.
If you want a specific color/option give them a call or email and they will tell you exactly what they can do.

1-3-2-4
12-28-2007, 12:47 PM

If you want a specific color/option give them a call or email and they will tell you exactly what they can do.

I will check it out.

1-3-2-4
12-31-2007, 12:24 PM
finally just heard back from him..

"Hi,

We cannot do a white glow on our EL-Kits.

Thanks,
Speedhut.com"

Oh well...

jyunderwood
01-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Those who signed up, what are you plans for the fuel and temp gauges?

I'd probably do it because I don't really like the way the stock one's light up at night but I'm curious about how it would look with the other gauges. I'm also with ooberdoob about the needles.

Edit: Nevermind. I saw that it includes those gauges as well.

phoonTy
01-04-2008, 11:49 AM
If I had the funds, I'd be in for a set as well, but all my spare cash is going towards 18"s for the Typhoon.

I have Speehuts in my Typhoon and I really like the way they look and the quality/ease of install. It's also nice being able to switch between blue or green and adjust the brightness.

I'll have to dig up my pics of my dash. Seeing Speedhuts installed might help motivate more people. :smile: