PDA

View Full Version : lowered/more aggressive suspension

theboyo19
03-10-2007, 01:45 AM
so does anyone know if i get loweringsprings for my 95 lsi if that will screw up any of the drivetrain...also if anyone knows where i can get a sway bar that would be nice :lol:

Plays_with_Toys
03-10-2007, 04:38 AM
The lowering springs shouldn't mess up the drivetrain as long as you get the car aligned. The only thing you'd mess up is the tires if you didn't align I think.

As for a sway bar, whiteline offers alot of adjustable ones. Not sure what the LSi comes with stock, outback bars are 18mm and a nice upgrade for the rear. Not sure about front's other than aftermarket.

If you get lowering springs, get new shocks. The shocks will proabably wear out prematurely, because of the added stress, so using blown OEM equipment from when the car was bought wouldn't be good for a ride.

theboyo19
03-10-2007, 10:47 AM
any suggestions on the struts i have already found springs but im not sure which brand of strut to go with . i have kyb GR2 struts in the back now

Plays_with_Toys
03-10-2007, 11:23 AM
GR2's. If you want greater adjustability you could do KYB AGX's for the impreza. You'll need different top hats and impreza springs. Check out the suspension forum for what it takes to swap impreza suspension on. The AGX's have 4 settings and the softest setting is about where GR2's are.

scottzg
03-11-2007, 08:21 PM
why not just use the stock struts? Doesn't the lsi already have a swaybar?

deadlydave
03-11-2007, 09:54 PM
LSi, 1995 has a 14mm rear swaybar. The Legacy GT's, and even the outbacks have much thicker swaybars than that. One of the best handling mods for the money you can do is throw a rear swaybar on.

EDIT: "noticeably" thicker swaybars.