PDA

View Full Version : Apexi

norma_jean
07-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know if 03 legsy BEs can use the Apexi SAFC>? my computer wont d/l adobi so i cant read the on line manuals.

Disturbed_beast
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
That's the second-generation S-AFC II right? That is for cars that mostly have upgraded engines, turbo cars, etc., But i know it is a fuel computer that adjusts fuel/air ratio, Intake Manifold Vacuum/Boost Pressure, Air Flow Capacity, Intake Manifold Pressure, Karmann Frequency, Engine RPM, Throttle Position, and Air Flow Correction, etc. but i wouldn't be supprised if it didn't work it's made to fit all cars but if you do have it installed have it done by authorized person trained tunning of A'PEX

Perdue
07-14-2005, 03:28 PM
The main use for the S-AFCII is for Air/Fuel Ratio Correction. If your car has a MAF Sensor, you should be able to use it. If you have a MAP sensor though, this isn't going to help you any. Plenty of people over on NASIOC are using these on their NA buildups, and they've also been used for really low boost applications. I plan on using it after I get my rebuilt engine and cam it. I'll probably tune it myself (with a friend's help if I can), as it's not really hard if you're just using it for the A/F fix.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/newafc-print.htm Here's a walkthrough for tuning the S-AFCII for Air/Fuel. You'll need at least an air/fuel gauge and a lot of open room.[/url]