PDA

View Full Version : It had to be done...so I took the that trip

2deadlegs
07-09-2005, 05:33 PM
As some of you may know my A/C crapped out the other day. Turns out the belt brok. Simple fix right....not! I went to loosen the tensioner pulley and snapped the big long bolt. No big deal, I will just pully the bracket off and go to home depot for a new bolt. WRONG AGAIN! Left hand thread. I call my local Subaru dealer and he by some act of a miracle has ONE in his shop. AN HOUR AWAY! So I jumped in my A/C equiped Nissan and hauled much ass to the dealership only to have to turn around and haul ass back. I stopped on the way back to get all new belts. I'm no dummy.

It's all fixed and running smooth.

The things we do for our cars.

Wiscon_Mark
07-09-2005, 06:11 PM
so it was the belts? you didn't have to get a tensioner pulley?

2deadlegs
07-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah the belt broke. I had to replace the left hand thread on the tensiioner though. I snapped the head off of it.

elijah
02-09-2011, 08:24 PM
As some of you may know my A/C crapped out the other day. Turns out the belt brok. Simple fix right....not! I went to loosen the tensioner pulley (http://www.car-stuff.com/tensionerpulley.htm) and snapped the big long bolt. No big deal, I will just pully the bracket off and go to home depot for a new bolt. WRONG AGAIN! Left hand thread. I call my local Subaru dealer and he by some act of a miracle has ONE in his shop. AN HOUR AWAY! So I jumped in my A/C equiped Nissan and hauled much ass to the dealership only to have to turn around and haul ass back. I stopped on the way back to get all new belts. I'm no dummy.

It's all fixed and running smooth.

The things we do for our cars.

bump!

Good for you that you were able to fix your problem. I remember a friend of mine who had a similar scenario like yours who also did encounter some problem on his belt. At first, he thought that it would be an easy fix but along the way, the tensioner pulley thread had also been busted so it became two problems which had him to replace both the belt and tensioner. Lucky for him, he easily find a replacement for it. Anyway, just wanted to share. :smile: