PDA

View Full Version : KYB GR2 and Lowering spring & Tein S.Tech or whiteline

racinraders
04-17-2007, 01:37 AM
KYB GR2 and Lowering spring & Tein S.Tech or whiteline lowering springs ?

what is your thoughts

JMoney
04-17-2007, 01:43 AM
S-Techs arn't the best spring in the world from what I head. Can't go wrong with Whiteline though. Shipping times hurt on the Whitelines.

What's wrong with H&R's or Eibachs?

Plays_with_Toys
04-17-2007, 02:18 AM
Eibach's are no longer being made

deadlydave
04-17-2007, 02:33 AM
Eibach's are no longer being made

That's why i switched to GR2's for the GD WRX.

that one legacy
04-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Tein S-Techs have significantly lower ride height than stock, but still have close to the stock spring rates. so your car is going to look nice and super low, but it's not going to ride much differently, and actually might handle a lot worse! i know that there's always a bunch of people selling those springs on other forums, so that can't be good (same for the Tanabe GF210s by the way).

Huffer
04-17-2007, 08:21 PM
STechs are for show only. There is a marginal handling improvement, but you will blow a shock because the spring rates are similar to stock (bounce-bounce).

These days, it's really only H&R or Whiteline Control that will get my attention.
You can still buy Eibach sets on ebay, but the prices are jacked up.

BE-Fresh
04-17-2007, 10:32 PM
not to thread-jack, but would installing whiteline on stock struts be ok? I'm not going to endanger my stock ones am I?

racinraders
04-17-2007, 11:45 PM
that was my next ?

not to thread-jack, but would installing whiteline on stock struts be ok? I'm not going to endanger my stock ones am I?

Huffer
04-18-2007, 11:00 AM

You will accelerate the wear on them, so you would be better to pair them with new struts or struts designed for lowering.

scottzg
04-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Stechs are crap. Might as well cut your springs; it's cheaper and gets the same results.

You will accelerate the wear on them, so you would be better to pair them with new struts or struts designed for lowering.

designed for lowering? What struts are those?

jlk2.5gt
04-29-2007, 02:20 AM
i am extremely happy with mt kyb g2's and h&r lowering springs (bought at boxer4racing.com) the handling is superb, and ride quality is excelent on the crappy road's out here in madison. At the same time I installed the spring's and strut's, I installed a whiteline adjustable rear sway bar , and adjustable rear control arms and could not more pleased with the results.