PDA

View Full Version : Diff fluid ?

LegacyRob
04-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Anyone off the top of their head know what to use for fluid in the diffs of a BE. Cars going in for service on tuesday so i might as well get them to change it while it's in the air. I wanna put synthetic in, and suggestions? Thanks

Strakes
04-25-2007, 10:49 AM
This may be too late, but the owner's manual calls for a GL5 gear oil in the rear and front diff. Any GL5 80W90 or 75W90 should be fine. The caveat being that manual transmission cars are pretty finicky on using certain sythetics in the front diff-tranny. A lot of people have shifting issues with full-synthetic in the manual transmission. Many are using "uncle scotty's cocktail" in their manual transmissions as a result.

FYI: Uncle scotty's cocktail is 1qt Redline Lightweight shockproof, 1qt Synchromesh gear oil, and 2qts GL5-75W90 of their choice.

LegacyRob
04-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Thanks, I ended up using 75w90 royal purple. It was actually the cheapest Synthetic I found in town.

rougeben83
04-25-2007, 12:29 PM
I have redline in the rear diff. You may want to search on NASIOC for "uncle scotty's" mix for the front/transmission. It seems to have good success.