PDA

View Full Version : New Legacy GT Mainer

Invisible_Soul
07-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey guys, just found this site, thanks to a link from Reason. Great site and looks like lots of good info to be read and added to.

I got a 97 Legacy GT, with about 80k on the motor. I'm working on getting money so I can put the mods to my car and tune it up.

Wiscon_Mark
07-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Alright! A person with money! Now, there's a rule in SLi, where you give a certain "tax" to the person with the highest posts.... :smt043

Just kidding, my friend, welcome to Subaru Legacy International! :smt006

We've got plenty of discussions already here about modding, fixing, etc. But the first advice I'd like to give you is...You're driving an EJ25 (aka, 2.5L Horizontal 4 cylinder engine) so you're going to want to change those headgaskets pretty soon, as they will eventually fail on you. That's probably going to cost you a bit, so don't go and blow your money on a lot of mods just yet.

But when you're ready to do this, we've got a ton of people who have tried out a lot of the subaru products and can give you recommendations. Probably the closest SLi member to you is Tokio, and he's got a badass car. But we're all here to help, just remember that.

Don't be a stranger, we love active members!

Again, Welcome :)

Reason
07-17-2005, 03:12 AM
:lol: Mark is always trying to get free parts from someone! Welcome aboard Invisible_Soul, just so I know, where did I get a hold of you?

Invisible_Soul
07-17-2005, 12:50 PM
The motor that came in the car spun the bearings seven days after I got it and they had to replace the motor. The guy that replaced it said that head gaskets had been changed already. So I should be ok in that area.

Tokio: It was from the SubieGal fourm. :)

Wiscon_Mark
07-17-2005, 12:56 PM
:lol: Mark is always trying to get free parts from someone! Welcome aboard Invisible_Soul, just so I know, where did I get a hold of you?

When have I ever tried to extort from members on SLi??? :smt042

I_S - Glad to hear that your headgaskets are good for another 100k or so :) Poke around, ressurect threads, ask questions! We love talking around here :D

2deadlegs
07-17-2005, 09:40 PM
I'll buy it off you.....LOL

Wiscon_Mark
07-17-2005, 09:51 PM
I'll buy it off you.....LOL

Trust me, he doesn't need another Subaru :lol: