PDA

View Full Version : Wheels spacers/ 114.3 adapters...

blackgtbeauty
05-09-2007, 11:42 AM
I found these on ebay, but 1.5" seems like a lot of offset, anyone have experience w/ these? Do i need to roll fenders? Etc...

Plays_with_Toys
05-09-2007, 01:52 PM
found what? How much spacing? 1.5" or 1.5 CM, or mm or what?

badbasser98
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
...but 1.5" seems like a lot of offset...
:wink:

Plays_with_Toys
05-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I seriously doubt someone is selling 1.5 inch spacers. That's rediculous.

blackgtbeauty
05-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Hahahahahaha, I forgot the link. Doh!

My intraweb sucks and i can't go to ebay again to get it, i did a search on Yahoo! for "5x100 to 5x114.3 adapters and it gave me a link.

And yes they were 1.5 inches from what I read, and they had a 2" one available too.

But I could be wrong as I was in a hurry earlier (hence forgetting the link :roll: )

tekkitan
05-09-2007, 11:10 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHEEL-AD ... 5021QQrdZ1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHEEL-ADAPTER-SPACERS-5X114-3-INFINITI-NISSAN-SUBARU-2_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42614QQihZ011QQitemZ320110705021QQrdZ1)

there's the 2"

seriously, what is the point of spacing? i get the 5 x 114.3 adapters :)

deadlydave
05-10-2007, 12:24 AM

To bring the wheels out to the full width of the fenders. Also, if someone went widebody. Wider track means more stability and better cornering, at the expense of bearing life.

tekkitan
05-10-2007, 12:45 AM

To bring the wheels out to the full width of the fenders. Also, if someone went widebody. Wider track means more stability and better cornering, at the expense of bearing life.

blackgtbeauty
05-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah those are the ones that I had found.

Anyone know of another way to change to 5x114.3?

Maybe hubs from an STi? or is it not that simple?

Huffer
05-10-2007, 11:45 AM
You'd need STi hubs and probably matching axles - may not be a simple job on a semi-stock Legacy.

Some of the 04/05 STi owners have done it, so that they can take advantage of better wheel selection. the 5x114.3 hubs are stronger too.

Wiscon_Mark
05-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Well, some of the 04 owners have done it. 05 owners have 5x114.3 stock.

rougeben83
05-10-2007, 06:43 PM

Despite what the pontiac commercials will tell you just simply wider /= better.

If you just do a wide body and spacers and nothing else, you're screwing up the scrub radius of the car and other delicious suspension geometry calculations that would just lead to a worse handling car.

Relocating the suspension pickup points and redoing EVERYTHING connected to the wheels to supplant the wider track is the only way to get the full benefit of "going wider"

Other than that it's simply for looks. :wink:

tekkitan
05-10-2007, 08:52 PM

If you just do a wide body and spacers and nothing else, you're screwing up the scrub radius of the car and other delicious suspension geometry calculations that would just lead to a worse handling car.

Relocating the suspension pickup points and redoing EVERYTHING connected to the wheels to supplant the wider track is the only way to get the full benefit of "going wider"

thanks for the explanation, ben :)

Kraziken
05-15-2007, 11:29 AM

+1

I have very small spacers (2mm, 4mm? can't recall at the moment).

The steering response feels slower. I get some minor vibrations at speeds above 60mph. Hubcentric spacers might help, but they don't make hubcentric spacers in the small sizes.

If you want to go wider, do it with a new wheel/tire combo instead of using spacers.

Sarra
05-16-2007, 07:08 PM

+1

I have very small spacers (2mm, 4mm? can't recall at the moment).

The steering response feels slower. I get some minor vibrations at speeds above 60mph. Hubcentric spacers might help, but they don't make hubcentric spacers in the small sizes.

If you want to go wider, do it with a new wheel/tire combo instead of using spacers.

I had wheels with a +40mm offset, 7" wide. They vibrated like crazy at speed, even after I had them balanced. Spacers FTL.