PDA

View Full Version : ksport coilovers

2000LWAGON
05-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Has anyone, especially those with a BE heard of ksport coilovers? if so, good or bad? any reviews? any personal stories one wishes to share?

blackgtbeauty
05-22-2007, 12:07 AM
ME too, as I curious abotu these as well...

Huffer
05-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Ksport are supposedly made by D2...so the quality is supposed to be good.

gil_ong81
05-22-2007, 11:29 AM
from what i've heard, D2 is pretty solid.

any reason why you're considering coilovers over spring/strut?

Huffer
05-22-2007, 12:35 PM
I think, coilovers have better rub-avoidance, and the k-sports I believe have camber adjustment tops...IIRC.

2000LWAGON
05-22-2007, 11:22 PM
i would like to do coilovers because i may be able to get them for a few hundred more than the spring/strut combo i was gonna go for, so i figured why not. plus the increase in handling will be much better as well as the adjustability advantages i'll have as oppose to the spring/strut.

rougeben83
05-29-2007, 07:29 AM
I looked into them a while back. Remember that coilovers will need to be rebuilt every 30 to 45k miles, while most OEM type replacement stuff is meant to last longer. Itll also be very stiff for the BE setup, running around 300% to 400% stiffer spring rates than stock, and you will never get it back to regular ride height (highest they can go is 10mm below stock IIRC)

Really look into whether you will be using all of the features that a coilover brings - itll be well worth it if it does, but if you cant live with some of the really big compromises, youll end up just selling them.

Brockley
06-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Ksport are supposedly made by D2...so the quality is supposed to be good.

http://www.bcec.com.tw/

That is the Company that makes BOTH D2 and KSports...

i think im ordering some this week... anyone actually have them/ know anyone that has them?

MCarp22
06-19-2007, 09:58 PM
BCs aren't related to the D2/Ksport twins. Among other things, BCs are steel and D2/Ksports are aluminum.

Jedi Taxi
06-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Really look into whether you will be using all of the features that a coilover brings - itll be well worth it if it does, but if you cant live with some of the really big compromises, youll end up just selling them.

wow, someone else who understands this...Basically, the compromise is a ball busting ride. As in uncomfotable. However, this isn't to say that you cant tune it for your area's roads, i had to do that with my eclipse set up. I used to have it set up for smooth back roads (back in texas). Then i moved to binghamton where everthing became an ass pounding. So i ended up having to re-adjust my settings. basically, changing my camber, and retune my shocks for the rough road. Well, even when you do tune it for your area, it still is a rough ride. But at least it doesn't feel like your getting pounded in the ass from your buddy Bubba in jail.

Brockley
06-20-2007, 01:46 AM
either way...

WHO HAS K-Sports???

Anyones friends-friends????

someone has to have these on their cars!!! not EVERYONE has TEIN's!!!

rougeben83
06-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Yes, try looking over at LGT.com...a few people over there have or have had them. Most seem to have been pretty pleased with their setup, but again they noted the stiff ride (duh :roll: )