PDA

View Full Version : rear wiper delay?

ooberdoob
04-18-2005, 08:04 AM
how could i go from my on or off rear wiper to a delayed one? is there another year model lever i could use? a delay relay i could add in? anything?

98 BG (2.5GT wag)

thanks!

Huffer
09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
I think the Impreza's (GF) had the intermittent rear wiper.

vtlegacy95
09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
you would probably have to change the wiper motor, and the column switch. delay wiper systems usually have more electronics and more wipers running to the motor itself from the column switch. use to internship for Valeo Automotive Wipers.

in other words probably not worth your time to do

nipper
09-18-2007, 06:50 PM
This is actually sort of easy to do. It would be fixed and always on delay depending upon how you set it up. All wipers use the same parking circuit.
There is no differnce, you dont need motors or switches.

What you can do is get an aftermarket wiper delay controller. Find a control that speed that works for you. Mount it near the rear wiper (by the relay in the left rear quarter). Find the speed you like and it should work. It may tkae a little playing with the wiring to get it to work perfectly, but shgould be fairly easy.

nipper

Plays_with_Toys
09-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Get a WRX wagon wiper stalk. It had intermittent rear wipers and it goes in. Someone on here installed one on their BK/BG.

Manarius
10-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Get a WRX wagon wiper stalk. It had intermittent rear wipers and it goes in. Someone on here installed one on their BK/BG.+1. All you need to do is change the stalk. All the electronics are stored in the stalk itself.

Wiscon_Mark
10-13-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm not so sure if it'll work (plug n play) on the older BD/BKs...

studum
10-15-2007, 03:42 PM
I have a spare wiper stalk out of a BH - don't know if that will help you?

I bought both switches on ebay just to get the turn signal switch. I saw the rear wiper thing and decided to keep it around incase i find someone who needs it. I'm not sure if it's intermittant though.