PDA

View Full Version : Another New Member

jmgtp
07-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi All,

My name is John and I purchased my 01 Legacy GT about 2 weeks ago. It is quickly growing on me (its my first Subaru!). While I'm not new to repair and modification of cars Subie is all new to me. Luckily this one is in great shape and needs no repair. It's my daily driver but as usual I can't just leave things be and the mod bug is nipping away at me. So far I've installed a set of kartboy shifter bushings - I didn't notice much of a difference if at all, the factory bushing looked to be in like new condition. I plan on replacing the tranny mount with a firmer one (STI or aftermarket?) seeing how I was literally able to wiggle the tranny a bit with my hands when I was beneath the car to replace the shifter bushing. Down the road I hope to replace the rear sway bar with a larger one (open to suggestions here!) and perhaps a Cobb CAI - but that one breaks the bank a bit.

2 questions:
-Has anyone successfully removed the orange from the front headlight assembly? I've seen a pic of one cleared and liked it a lot.
-My windshield has what appears to be the heater strips built in for the wiper blade heaters but where there should be a switch in the console there is a blank. I popped the blank out and was pleased to see the wire harness plugged into it. Is it as simple as purchasing/finding the switch to add this option if not factory equipped?

Sorry for such a lengthy first post!

Thanks,
John

2deadlegs
07-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Me and Wiscon mark have taken the yellow out. Checkout my posts in the body section or do a search for "yellow" or "yellowing" on the board. It's not that hard to do. I do suggest you remove the headlights from the vehicle as to not scratch your paint.

Welcome aboard.

badbasser98
07-20-2005, 08:36 AM
-Has anyone successfully removed the orange from the front headlight assembly? I've seen a pic of one cleared and liked it a lot.

2DL-
I believe he is talking about DIY clear corners, removing the orange reflector... not a hazed headlight :wink:

jmgtp-
Lemme know when you find out, I'd like to do the same thing! And Welcome to the board, enjoy! :-D

-BB98

pdawg
07-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Hey welcome aboard. As far as a rear sway bar I have a 22mm IPD rear sway on my 2000 LGT along with a White Line anti lift kit. What a difference that makes.

Believe it or not the wife and I had to switch cars the other day and even she commented on how well it handles. After all the shit she gave me on the anti lift kit. She said she could really tell a big difference.

Tris_STi
07-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Welcome, glad you could join us. :)

With your headlights, there, you should probably check out NASIOC or a WRX forum, as those would be the place to find writeups on headlight mods, specifically with the newer generation Subarus. I'll warn you, it involves taking your headlights out of the assembly, and baking them in your oven at low heat, and then re-assembling the lense with RTV or something similar. It's a pretty common mods for STis and such.

I'm happy to see you'd like to upgrade your handling before adding more power. That's an excellent start to not only modding, but getting to know your car in its current form before you start making major changes. Good mature approach, I like that. :wink:

Wiscon_Mark
07-20-2005, 03:20 PM
Here's a DIY thread on how to clear your corners...
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384488

Hi! I'm the resident post whore, nice to meet you :D

Enjoy the site, don't be a stranger. We've taken to threatening the n00bs with a really freaky picture entitle "STFU Newibe!" Trust me, you don't want to see it! ;) :lol:

Reason
07-20-2005, 04:40 PM
We've taken to threatening the n00bs with a really freaky picture entitle "STFU Newibe!" Trust me, you don't want to see it! ;) :lol:

He should know, Mark seen it a few times. lol

Anyway welcome to SLi!

Wiscon_Mark
07-20-2005, 06:01 PM
We've taken to threatening the n00bs with a really freaky picture entitle "STFU Newibe!" Trust me, you don't want to see it! ;) :lol:

He should know, Mark seen it a few times. lol

Anyway welcome to SLi!

Well, it really wasn't directed at me except for one time when Reason decided to pick on the post whore! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jmgtp
07-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone, I look forward to sharing what I know and learning what I can.

Wiscon_Mark
07-20-2005, 07:29 PM
that's what this forum is about! sharing and learning...I like this n00b. He's got it down! :lol:

2deadlegs
07-21-2005, 03:46 AM
Just when you thought you were safe.............

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2005/07/n00b15-1.jpg

Wiscon_Mark
07-21-2005, 10:15 AM
Just Cause! We should have just cause to use that picture!

2deadlegs
07-21-2005, 02:03 PM
I did it "just cause" I was tired and cranky.....LOL

Tris_STi
07-21-2005, 02:27 PM
ahahahhah! That's awesome.. makes my day EVERYTIME!

I love it