PDA

View Full Version : BE Amp wire routing...

blackgtbeauty
06-16-2007, 12:24 AM
So...

Where's a good place to run the power wire through the firewall on my '01 BE? I looked while I was replacing the airbag wire behind the passenger side dash when i had the glove box and airbag out, but I couldn't see a good spot.

I'm definitely open to suggestions, as I would like some bumpage in my trunkage.

MoclovFlop
06-16-2007, 02:29 AM
There should be a rubber plug (possibly covered by foam/carpet) behind the brake pedal. I used that for the temp sensor when I had my digital compass. If you look in your engine bay, you'll see it about 1.5 feet directly below the brake booster.

Brockley
06-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Thats how I ran mine... then THROUGH the deadpedal (it was convienent, and made it so I couldnt mess it up)

then under the white plastic next to the doors (Brake lines and such)

badbasser98
06-17-2007, 09:15 PM
I can try and take pics of mine... I'm not going to tear everything back apart though :razz:

HFSDevil
06-19-2007, 05:02 AM
I ran mine passenger side and tucked it WAY up then under the side sill and under rear seats. Worked out good for me.

studum
06-21-2007, 01:07 PM
+ 1, through the empty service gromet behind the brake pedal, down driver's side under the sills, under rear seat into trunk. Used rear seatback brace as a ground.

2000LWAGON
07-11-2007, 03:33 PM
in my car i have it coming from the battery to out by the pedals under the carpet to the door sills and then out behind the back seat to where i have amp sub and capacitor.

2000LWAGON
07-11-2007, 03:34 PM
pretty much identical the guy before me but mines a wagon. ground under the back seat.

Wiscon_Mark
07-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the BE had that same empty grommet with a plug in it as the BD/BK/BG does. Check out my writeup, check out your car.

tylerkroh
12-29-2011, 04:09 PM
im bringin this back because i would like some pics please and thanks

Bostonboy65
12-29-2011, 07:45 PM
This is perfect I want some pics of be installs!!!

Bostonboy65
01-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Well guys I have some 1/0 I'm trying to run and it doesn't seem like it'll fit in the door sill... If I run it under the plastic it gets blocked at the a pillar. ):

02_Legacy
01-24-2012, 07:30 PM
yep I just ran some 4 gauge for a new setup that I was putting in and I just barely got it through the section between the front and rear doors, so I doubt that you are going to get 0 gauge through there. If you aren't too worried about hiding it just skip that section and go from the front door sill to the rear door sill and leave it exposed between there. If you do want to hide everything... good luck. The only thing that I can think of is run it down inside of the center console and then under the carpet between the console and the back seat.

Bostonboy65
01-24-2012, 09:22 PM
I was going to do the console but i thought it'd be too close to the source stuff. Me and my buddy took out the front and rear seat and some how managed to get it ran. It does however bulge the carpet by the trunk release and the seat making the seat not move as freely. The question im having is i ran the wire under the seat and through the Velcro for the middle fold down. Did you guys do it like that or down the side?

02_Legacy
01-24-2012, 09:52 PM
I ran it under the carpet then I cut a small hole in the carpet, just big enough for the wires, right where the amp is. It creates a clean install, less visible wires.

Bostonboy65
01-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Is your amp under the front seat?

02_Legacy
01-24-2012, 10:11 PM
No I am talking about the carpeting in the trunk. I ran the wires under the bottom of the rear seat and under the back of the rear seat, and then under the trunk carpet and then just up right by my amp. The only place you can see the wire is the small distance from the trunk floor (where it comes through the trunk carpet) to where it connects on the amp.

Bostonboy65
01-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Ok well where the back of the back seat goes down did you run it where the other car wires are or did you run in inbetween the back of the back of the back seat and under the carpet?

02_Legacy
01-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Ok my seat is still apart because I have to run a new RCA cable. Anyway I snapped a few pics for you:
Here you can see it lay across the bottom of the seat and go under the back part of the seat
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2012/01/ampwiretotrunk001-1.jpg

Closer pic of the wire going under the seat. There are 2 or 3 bolts that you have to take out to pull the seat away to feed the wire under it.

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2012/01/ampwiretotrunk002-1.jpg

And here it is coming up in the trunk, the carpet is pulled back, usually the carpet covers this.
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2012/01/ampwiretotrunk003-1.jpg

Bostonboy65
01-24-2012, 10:58 PM
wow thanks man I really appreciate that! I think i need to move mine over like yours it comes out in the middle of the trunk. Now I'm worried about the trunk release. I'm not sure if it's just the quarter size wire putting pressure on the cable or if i messed up something trying (never succeeded) to take it off. Now it wont automatically go back down on it's own. You have to push it back down. Any thoughts?

Bostonboy65
02-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Can I get a pic of where you put your ground at 02_legacy?

02_Legacy
02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
You can just barely see the ground at the bottom left of the last pic I posted. It goes to the stud that comes up from the strut mount

Bostonboy65
02-07-2012, 09:02 PM
if i unscrew that screw will it unalign something or does it have to tighten so much?

Wiscon_Mark
02-07-2012, 09:06 PM
I used to run one of the strut tower bolts - no, nothing will misalign if you only remove one bolt. But don't drive it that way - retighten it.

Or if you're that worried about it, just find another nut to put on there and sandwich the terminal in between them.

I actually ended up using one of the bolts for the cargo tiedowns. I don't know if the BE's have those though.

Bostonboy65
02-07-2012, 09:08 PM
By the way do you have pics of the finished install or care to say what all you put in? It looks like you got a bass knob wire there also.

I was going to put mine in between the back of the back seat bracket and the body of the car but didn't know if it would get crushed.