PDA

View Full Version : Need Tires already- looking at a couple of choices..

sixiron
04-18-2005, 03:18 PM
My own fault for not checking this out..my fronts are down to 4/32 while the rears are 8/32...michelins on the old 99 never wore like this..
anyway had noise from 1 rear tire and I rotated the rears to the front and the noise came with it so the RE92's are complete trash...how do they justify selling these for over 100 bucks each :roll:

I am looking at cooper SLE lifeliner touring VR and HR, 50K warranty and 360/A/A supposedly quiet...anyone running these

or Yokohama AVID V4's

open to other suggestions

Looking for good Wet Traction and Good treadwear..

tks bd

shazapple
04-18-2005, 09:35 PM
The RE92's really are terrible. I still have them on, but at the end of this summer theyll be gone.

Im thinking of going for a set of Kumho 712 (popular on Nasioc), or Falken

Reason
04-19-2005, 02:56 PM
The only tires I have ever ran on my Legacy in the past 5 years are the Cooper Cobra SLE touring (T-rated 118mph). They aren't bad, they do the job and never had any problems. They are quiet and have a pretty good hold on the road.

MR.MCSICK
04-19-2005, 04:47 PM
CHECK OUT THE GOODYEAR ASSURANCE TRIPLETRED ON TIRE RACK.COM THEY SEEM TO RATE VERY HIGH. 700 TREADWEAR!! PRETTY COOL LOOKING AND VERY REASONABLY PRICED . :-D

belladonna
04-19-2005, 06:11 PM
what's your pricerange and are you looking at directionals?

jey
04-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Yeah the RE92s wore too quickly given how much they cost and how much of a compromise tire they are to begin with for my tastes too.

Do you see any snow where you live? If not, you can go with a cheap Kumho summer tire (like the 712 or the 711) - they seem to provide really good wet traction. Treadwear is probably average but given how cheap they are they end up being good bang for the buck.

fibuz
04-19-2005, 08:14 PM
FWIW, I have Cooper directionals(can't remember the exact model or specs, but they were about 110/each), and although they're better than the RE92's, I'd look elsewhere for a more aggressive tire in the future.

A lot of people like the Kumho's, and some models are incredibly cheap. I'd start there.

fibuz :o

Strakes
04-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Last two sets of tires on my wife's car have been Yokohama Avids. They are really good tires.

sixiron
04-20-2005, 09:30 AM
this town is trash for tires...we have a tire kingdom and they even have to order yokohamas...
guy that I buy my work van tires from had a set of the cooper lifeline touring SLE ..T rated with a 70K milage warranty...620/A/B...so wth for $ 327 bucks all 4 are on now..
first impression is that the sidewalls flex more in the corners but bite seems to be ok...a lot quieter than the 92's...but way too early to judge these...tks for replies...bd

shazapple
04-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Last two sets of tires on my wife's car have been Yokohama Avids. They are really good tires.

I also hear a lot about these on Nasioc

Perdue
04-22-2005, 10:22 AM
I've run Kumho 711s and I'm currently running Yokohama AVS ES100s. The Kumhos were a good deal heavier than the Yokos, but I felt more confident at speed on wet pavement while on the Kumhos. The 711s were also very hydroplane-resistant; I could drive through a 3" puddle that's always there when it's raining on the way to work and never had a problem or even felt like I was getting loose.

As far as treadwear, I can't comment as I haven't really kept a set of tires long enough to actually wear them out. I plan to replace my summer tires once a year though. Sorry I can't be of much more help.