PDA

View Full Version : headlight garnish

norma_jean
07-20-2005, 05:41 PM
does anyone know the best way to install a set of eyebrows? i reallly dont want to glue them on...and i tried double sided tape. should i use that industrial strength tape used on trunk badges and such?>

scottzg
07-20-2005, 05:42 PM
can i suggest you resist the impulse to castrate your headlights?

norma_jean
07-20-2005, 05:46 PM
you can suggest whatever you want...
can i suggest you be helpful?

Tris_STi
07-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Sure, double-sided tape works well, as does your own jizz'm. Just let it drip down and form a film.. don't worry, you've already bastardized the optical science of your lenses, so it's all good. If you let it rot and mold by not washing your car, it'll be more prone to color match later. :wink:

Good luck with that, ricer.

norma_jean
07-20-2005, 06:44 PM
bruthas, wtf is up with everyones menopausal symptoms today...
alright hey! thanks for the fucking flame.
bye.

norma_jean
07-20-2005, 07:00 PM
ok got the hint, nooooooooo eyebrows. thanks tris.

Tokio
07-20-2005, 08:36 PM
norma, nevermind what Ace and Gary have to say, they have no taste...

eyebrows are wicked awesome when done right. it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks anyway, does it? could be worse, you could put an NRA sticker on your ride...

try talking to any reputable auto-body places in your area, im sorry i couldnt help you more...

Pwise2326
07-20-2005, 10:11 PM
I've seen it done with vinyl in the past, you can't go wrong with double sided tape. If you figure most bugdeflectors, ventvisors and the like are all attached on by 3m doublesided tape, so you shouldn't have a problem.

scottzg
07-20-2005, 10:52 PM
norma, nevermind what Ace and Gary have to say,

just so everyone can be in on tokio's joke, gary and ace are the two superheroes in 'the ambiguously gay duo'

badbasser98
07-21-2005, 08:25 AM
just so everyone can be in on tokio's joke, gary and ace are the two superheroes in 'the ambiguously gay duo'

lmao, thanx for the clarification...

I think I would use vinyl, unless you can find a thin two-sided tape or some other type of adhesive. You wouldn't want your eyebrows sticking an inch off of your headlights... :?

-BB98

SubaruGenki
07-21-2005, 01:28 PM
+1 for you doing eyebrows. when done right they do look good. sorry i dont have any advice on applying them, but industrial strenth adhesive or some 3m dst sounds like the way to go. (puts on flame suit, maybe i can draw a little fire away by agreeing with you. when did this board get so flamey, looks like we are going the way of the nabisco. too bad to see that happen as this board was inteded to get away from that. i can handle it, nobody is going to hurt my feelings with their almighty high ansd righteous keyboard skills, but there is alot of pussies out there that would definately get butt hurt by some of those comments).

also, +1 for tris being a dickhead (love ya man)

sheepdog
07-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Vinyl is probly the way to go. If thats not an option, I would use some kind of spray adhesive, like BB98 said, as to not create a funny looking sticky outy eyelid. (eyebrows? ive always known them as eyelids guys :) )

Oh, and Im getting tired of the uncalled for flaming on this forum. I havent actually been a victim of it yet, but I figure if everyone starts to be high and mighty pricks Im going to be less and less likely to deal with this forum. If the guy likes eyelids and you dont, dont comment on his thread. If a guy is fabricating his own bumper and you think thats not cool, keep your mouth shut, just go to a different thread. Its this kind of shit that makes forums go from extremely helpful knowledge bases and communities to a bunch of original members being pricks to newbies. On east coast boost, if your a prick, you get banned for a week. If your a prick again, a month. And again? Your outta there buddy. Dont let SLi go the way of the huge uppity forums, as the fact that it wasnt was one of the reasons I joined this community and ended up buying my legacy. Just be cool, brothers (and sisters ;) )

ooberdoob
07-21-2005, 03:12 PM
easy on that ricer shit yall.

just because you don't like it doesn't mean its rice.

and i agree, the flaming needs to be kept in check. if you wanna act like http://www.trephination.net/gallery/macros/internet_cock.jpg go try to cope in NASIOC's OT, then we'll see who gets royally thrashed.

----

personally i love the look of eyelids on my BG, but then there is the fact of messing up the TINY bit of light i get and so think i'm just gotta clear the top of my lights instead. my truck was set up to have te high beams equal 4 silverstars and 2 hella 500s... my lil subie only has but 2 silversatrs. it sucks and i really need to find a solution. then i could put eyelids on :twisted:

Wiscon_Mark
07-21-2005, 03:32 PM
I'd say any adhesive that's waterproof and long lasting (heat and cold resistant) would work well, you just have to want it on there permanently. No regrets later on...I'd say go for it. Eyebrows can look pretty sweet (especially BEs where some of them already have a sort of "eyeliner" so to speak...)

As for the flaming....IT NEEDS TO STOP. NOW AND ALWAYS! Just my .02 :D

badbasser98
07-21-2005, 04:18 PM
eyebrows? ive always known them as eyelids guys :)

What was I thinking :banghead:

sheepdog
07-22-2005, 09:23 AM
eyebrows? ive always known them as eyelids guys :)

What was I thinking :banghead:

Haha its cool, everyone knew what you meant 8)

phi11
07-22-2005, 01:20 PM
3M UHB (Ultra High Bond)
3M VHB (Very High Bond) NON FOAM

Vinyl does look well (If done correctly)

gator gt
07-22-2005, 07:38 PM
yes, known as lids.

and when done with some sort of intelligence and a balanced eye and hand, they look real sharp.

but please, PLEASE finish them! I don't know how they are prepped/finished when purchased and sent, but I can't stand when people buy body kits/exterior pieces and leave them black or primered. Sooo lame. Wait to put it on AFTER you paint it. you look NO cooler since you have the mismatched body piece on.

there's my rant for the day.

+1 for properly installed lids. Good for you! Its your car.

GGT