PDA

View Full Version : Interior lights part numbers

deadlydave
07-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey everybody. I just finished changing my AT shifter lighting to blue (keep an eye out in the DIY section). I'm in the mood, so I'm replacing all the burnt out bulbs in my dash and converting my gauge cluster to blue as well.

This is what I need part numbers, or Where the hell to get'em help.:

HVAC bulbs: 2 are the same and 1 is longer.
Gauge Cluster bulbs: I wanna get these BEFORE getting the dash apart.

Plays_with_Toys
07-07-2007, 11:00 PM
You can pick up the bulbs from the dealer for hvac, or you can buy them from radio shack. The bulbs themselves are no different, the plastic bases they sit in are however. Here's a DIY. The only thing about the DIY is he says that the control unit's back only comes out about 1/4", but there are 4 plastic clips that you can pop off and the whole back comes off making access to the 3 bulbs real easy. I couldn't get my hazard light bulb out. The socket is stripped out.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26408

edit: I took a picture when I did this, here are the clips I'm talking about to get the plastic guard off:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/710/clipspy7.jpg

deadlydave
07-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Yea, thanks a lot man. I already have the HVAC apart, but i only went to auto places to see if they had the bulbs. I'll have to hit the 'shack tomorrow.

JourdanWithaU
07-08-2007, 02:28 AM
Are you planning to change the HVAC to blue as well? or just replace the burnt out bulbs? IF you are planning to change the HVAC to blue please do a write-up. I am in the process of converting all light sources on the interior to blue, and I have yet to get to the HVAC and I am not sure if it will have the green crap in it or not.

Plays_with_Toys
07-08-2007, 01:07 PM
The HVAC bulbs have color condoms. Just buy some blue ones and voila.

deadlydave
07-08-2007, 09:18 PM
The HVAC bulbs have color condoms. Just buy some blue ones and voila.

Ding Ding! I'm planning on Blue-ing mine. Oh, and my radio shack doesn't have 'em, so I'm hitting up the dealer tomorrow.