PDA

View Full Version : Duty c solenoid changed now a different problem.

stellaholic
07-11-2007, 04:56 AM
Hello all. I have now changed the duty c solenoid and the set of clutch plates in the back end of the auto box. The torque bind has now gone :grin: .
I now have another problem. When driving along i get really bad vibration, not all the time but when it comes its like the prop shaft. The other problem is when the car gets to about 4000rpm the engine seems to die. Its like as soon as the second turbo is suppose to spool up it goes flat.
The speedo has stopped working would this have anything to do with it?

Thanks

Simon

Huffer
07-11-2007, 07:56 AM
You sure everything was reinstalled correctly?
The driveshaft might be out of balance, and the speedo sensor is located on the side of the transmission.

stellaholic
07-11-2007, 06:11 PM
I think its all back as it came apart. The prop was removed whole so that should be ok. The speedo sensor looks simple to change but will have to cut the cable and solder it as it just goes into the loom with no plug. With the speedo not working will this effect the performance?

Thanks

Simon

Huffer
07-12-2007, 11:09 AM
non-working speedo doesn't usually affect performance. If the tach is running, that's all the car needs.

Is the tranny sitting on the mount correctly?

stellaholic
07-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Yes checked the mounts and all is fine. When the vibration comes its quite bad. All i have to do is shift to neutral and back to drive and it goes away. The performance issue is concerning as the car is just not going as it should.
Thanks for the info

Simon