PDA

View Full Version : A/c Recharge!

devmaster
07-13-2007, 09:29 AM
My A/c has been always been weezy. but i lived with it, cuz i like the windows open. but i have someone coming to see the car tomorrow :cry: , and i was wondering how to recharge it and what to buy. i no like nothing about a/c and i was searching autozone.com could not find anything of substance..
like what refrigerant or canister or something

Fast help please!

thanks

deadlydave
07-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Advance autoparts and NAPA both carry coolant recharge kits.

The coolant itself is called R134A

devmaster
07-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Advance autoparts and NAPA both carry coolant recharge kits.

The coolant itself is called R134A

thanks much

deadlydave
07-16-2007, 02:04 PM
you're welcome. Be very careful. Do NOT get it on your skin or eyes.

ivwarrior
07-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Better idea, take it to a garage that has the equipment and experience to do it properly.

steven_esworthy
07-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Weezy as in doesn’t work at all? If there is no pressure in the system then you will probably need to have it serviced because there will be air and probably moisture in the lines. If it blows cold, just not A/C cold, you might be able to get away with just adding R-134a to the system. I would suggest having the system inspected and serviced but if you are going to just add refrigerant I would advise to stay away from the stop leak ones or "blends". Blends are R134A that is mixed with other chemicals to "enhance" it. But if you put a blend in your system and then have it serviced they can not recycle the refrigerant. See http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/march98/mech.htm .

LegacyRob
07-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Get it done right, don't go for the quick fix.

Reason
07-17-2007, 06:58 PM
I just done it on my Neon today .... It was EASY

steven_esworthy
07-18-2007, 10:02 AM
When I did it at home for the first time(have really nice machines at work). After replacing all the parts(compressor, accumulator, orifice tube) I went to good ole Harbor Freight and got a manifold gauge set and a vacuum pump(requires air compressor). I put the system under vacuum for about 20 min and then disconnected it for about 30 to make sure there were no major leaks. Charged with refridgerant and it worked great!