PDA

View Full Version : Which EJ20 engine is this?

ProdriveDreams
07-17-2007, 02:14 PM
So due to cost and the pending deadline by which i need a working transmission to drive across the country in, i may end up holding off on a 6MT for most of a front clip off of a 1995 JDM WRX-STI type RA, and i am uncertain as to which engine this would be. Not so up on WRX engines other than the EJ255 and the EJ257 so i was wondering, if this is a single turbo, and if any one knows about any notable clearance or other problems that i will have fitting this in my BD legacy wagon.

thanks for your help

Huffer
07-17-2007, 02:39 PM
You'll have tuning issues, JDM motors are tough to tune.

Should be the EJ20G I think. It's a single turbo, should be a closed deck or semi-closed deck with big breathing heads. I've seen Imprezas with these blocks push 260whp on premium fuel (not race gas).

steven_esworthy
07-21-2007, 09:50 AM
I just put an Ej22T in my 95 legacy with all WRX aftermarket parts(downpipe, exhaust manifold, TD04 turbo) and everything fit perfectly. The engine will bolt in no problem. Like Huffer said, the issue is going to be electronics, better get the FSM for both cars. Also, do you have emissions testing where you live? I ended up using the stock EJ22 ecm with a piggyback to run my EJ22T because I needed my OBDII hookup to be functional for my emissions test. Just a thought. Have fun and good luck!