PDA

View Full Version : EJ22T Swap wont start

steven_esworthy
07-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Well, I finally got my swap completed but it wont start. As the starter turns over it almost sounds like it gets stopped by something and then keeps going. Sounds very strange, I have no idea how else to describe it. Now, as far as the timing belt, I set it so that the notches on the cam sprokets line up on their notches. The crank sprocket is lined up on the mark above it(on the crank position senders mount) and the mark on the sensor tooth(not the arrow). Ive checked the ignition with a timing light, but I got it at harbor freight and I can barely see, the light, but I do see a flash on all 4 plug wires. I have unburnt fuel coming from the exhaust so Im sure Im getting fuel. The battery is reading 11.96v. I dont have the radiator hooked up, Im just trying to get the engine started before completing the rest. I am using an emanage unit with the fuel and ignition harness, but I have not defined any maps yet. Any ideas? Thanks

Huffer
07-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Too much fuel?

steven_esworthy
07-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I was thinking because I am using the ej22t injectors and I havnt defined a fuel map yet that maybe it was getting too much. But I would think that I should at least get something. I will try today to swap out the injectors for the stock ones to see if it will fire.

Huffer
07-19-2007, 09:51 AM
I would just get a base map going first.
If you have unburnt fuel coming out then you might have flooded the engine.

steven_esworthy
07-19-2007, 02:23 PM
My dumb ass put the coil on backwards... I noticed cuz I had the old one sitting on my desk and realized the sticker on it should be facing forward and the way I had the Dodge coil put the harness facing to the drivers side... fired up first time! It was LOUD cuz I only have a 3" downpipe for an exhaust. Now Im gonna install the radiator and get my exhaust put together so I can drive the beast and tune it!

deadlydave
07-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Great, glad you found the problem!

IT step 1: Is it plugged in? :grin:

steven_esworthy
07-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Got an exhaust put on it today, I can now start it without the earplugs! My idle is at about 3k! I know I have a few vacuum hoses I havent figured out yet and Im sure between that and the excessive fuel from the large injectors are not helping. However I dont see any leaks and the oil light turns off on the dash so its looking good so far!