PDA

View Full Version : E brake suggestions!!!

gotturbo
07-24-2005, 11:07 PM
well i just got my greddy trust shift knob and have decided that the stock e brake is not going to do. i wanta do a e-brake also with a leather bag. is there anyone else who did this mod. if so any help would be great.

-matt

Pwise2326
07-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Unfortunately since subaru didn't come with it stock, it looks like you'll have to do a custom job. I just hope your needlepoint skills are as good as Wiscon_marks! There are plenty of aftermarket Ebrake handles, you could get some leather "fabric" from a shop and sew it up yourself, and tack it in with rivets or epoxy on the inside of the trim piece. Either way it looks like you're on your own! Good Luck!

scottzg
07-25-2005, 01:16 AM
5 bucks says an LSi leather ebrake handle bolts in.

Pwise2326
07-25-2005, 01:19 AM
A WRX momo leather E-brake handle would as well, but I think he is looking to make it like that of a Honda or other makes where the E-brake handle has a boot (bag) per say as well.

Disturbed_beast
07-25-2005, 01:41 AM
Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo,
Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo, Momo,
Momo Rules i think :withstupid:

2deadlegs
07-25-2005, 03:11 AM
Ryan said the "H" word.

Wiscon_Mark
07-25-2005, 05:50 PM
First off, My "needlework" wasn't very difficult, it was just a sewing machine and holding the fabric in straight line. But since mine was "bolt on" so to speak, it was pretty easy to do. (I'm referring to making my shift boot, btw) You're gonna have more problems if you DIY it, so I'd go aftermarket and buy something. MOMO is good stuff, but waaaay overpriced, even on eBay.

2DL-Not all Honda's suck, the civic is just sybolism for what we hate. Even subarus can be turned into ricers. Reason's Beast is an awesome little car, so don't just generally hate Honda's, because they make some really nice vehicles.

such as:
S2000
Accord
Odyssey (yes, its a minivan, and I like it a lot)
The ENTIRE Acura line

JPaul99GT
10-13-2005, 03:42 AM
my grandfather has an acura TL-TypeS..... awesome car. love it. dont love FWD... the new RL though............. mmm AWD OWNS

sheepdog
10-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Definitely do not diss on hondas dude, my accord has owned many a WRX back in the twisties (granted I know the roads well). I have been through hell and high water in that car :twisted: And I dont think Tein EDFCs a rear strut bar and Falken tires are rice ;)

Oh, and the new TL is teh h0tn3zz!!_1#one!!! I saw one with a turbo. Big Turbo + 3.2l V6 + 6speed manual = very fast.

As to the ebrake boot, I have a leather boot in the accord. It gets dirty so easy, I hate it, although Im not sure I would want just a plain jane one either. You should get one of the hydraulic e-brakes they have in the WRC cars that just sticks straight up and doesnt have a button, pull it like 1 inch and the rear tires lock and it disconnects the rear diff. :twisted: