PDA

View Full Version : Subaru B9 Scrambler

2deadlegs
07-26-2005, 12:58 PM
What do you think?

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/2003/tokyo/subaru.b9scrambler/subaru.b9scrambler.f34.500.jpg

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/2003/tokyo/subaru.b9scrambler/subaru.b9scrambler.500.jpg

It's a Hybrid too....

Although opinions may vary, this has got to be the coolest-looking Subaru in a long time. The car's name and front-end treatment pay homage to Subaru's aircraft heritage. The center grille looks like a jet intake while the headlight design and side grille have a sort of wing look. From the side the B9 has a slight wedge shape giving it a real sports car profile. Large wheel arches give the car an even more aggressive look and the lower part of the body is made of a dent-resistant material to prevent chipping from rocks.

Wiscon_Mark
07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
I like it but I don't.

What I like: The styling is actually pretty nice. Unique, for sure, universally loved, I doubt it. But I do like it. Hybrid technology: gives it a bit more power and hopefully a lot better fuel economy. I'm glad to see Subaru delving into the hybrid world. Personally, an impreza or Legacy that gets 40mpg would be a heaven for me :twisted:

What I don't: the amber smoked front glass, but I'm sure that's just for show. Also, its a convertible, I don't like convertibles. They're okay looking with the top down, but with a soft top up, they're ugly (no matter what it seems like) and very impractical for Wisconsin ;)

That's my .02

Tris_STi
07-26-2005, 02:29 PM
I like it but I don't.

What I like: The styling is actually pretty nice. Unique, for sure, universally loved, I doubt it. But I do like it. Hybrid technology: gives it a bit more power and hopefully a lot better fuel economy. I'm glad to see Subaru delving into the hybrid world. Personally, an impreza or Legacy that gets 40mpg would be a heaven for me :twisted:

What I don't: the amber smoked front glass, but I'm sure that's just for show. Also, its a convertible, I don't like convertibles. They're okay looking with the top down, but with a soft top up, they're ugly (no matter what it seems like) and very impractical for Wisconsin ;)

That's my .02

*Wussconsin. :wink:

I like it. It's harken to a Jag, almost, but I'd just as soon not care about either's heritage; it's still a Scoobie in my heart.
What powers this little gem? It's still got our 'Symmetrical AWD', right? Turbo? LSD? Let's see some numbers!

Wiscon_Mark
07-26-2005, 02:35 PM
The EJ20 puts out 140HP, I don't know about the hybrid motor. (sohc)

ooberdoob
07-26-2005, 02:42 PM
i like it. if its got a fun power to weight ratio, i'll be happy. and good balance.

hybrid is good, the ford escape and honda accord hybrids are both more powerful than the regulars.

Wiscon_Mark
07-26-2005, 03:01 PM
toyota accord

:lol: :lol: :lol: That certainly is a hybrid. ;)

yes, the Honda Accord Hybrid would kick some ass if it had a manual. I personally don't mind 255 HP and 38 mpg :twisted:

scottzg
07-26-2005, 03:30 PM
hybrid turbo :lol:

HFSDevil
07-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey, nice Z4 you posted there!!!!

Also isn't the B9 the Tribeca?????

sheepdog
07-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Hybrid POWAAAA!!!!!

Actually, I like it. The picture is decieving as to how big this car will be, if its miata-sized, I would be less interested more because I would never fit my ass into it and my head would stick above the windshield :lol: A turbo hybrid would be cool, STi Hybrid B9 WOOOT WOOOT!!!!!

Wiscon_Mark
07-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Also isn't the B9 the Tribeca?????

the B9 prefix referrs to Subaru's airplane heritage, I think...

Plays_with_Toys
07-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Looks pretty decent. But I think it needs more rear lights, or atleast a tear drop shape rear. Looks too sparse back there. But the overhanging deck in the rear is sweet. Front grill is wicked cool, the front lights leave something to be desired.

I was also wondering what the whole B9 thing is about.

2deadlegs
07-27-2005, 03:37 AM
Silly boy...it's not a Z4. I told Mark that it looked like a Z4 when I was telling him about it.

google the B9 scrambler and you will find the links to various websites talking about thie very car.

IT does have the EJ20 SOHC mounted to a hybrid motor of some sort. More to come I'm sure.

SubaruGenki
07-27-2005, 04:27 AM
+1 from me. reminds me of the b11s concept. i liked that too.

HFSDevil
07-27-2005, 05:46 AM
Silly boy...it's not a Z4. I told Mark that it looked like a Z4 when I was telling him about it.

google the B9 scrambler and you will find the links to various websites talking about thie very car.

IT does have the EJ20 SOHC mounted to a hybrid motor of some sort. More to come I'm sure.

No you are the silly!!!

I was bringing up that it looks almost exactly like a Z4 as well.

2deadlegs
07-27-2005, 11:39 PM
You made it sound as if I had photochopped a Z4 and posted the picture.

I will be the first to say that it looks like a Z4.

Wiscon_mark: What does it look like?

2deadlegs: Kinda like the BMW Z4 roadster.

Disturbed_beast
07-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Wow is designing Subaru they need to lay off the DRUGS and make them like they use to, damn SEXY like our cars