PDA

View Full Version : ecu management?

SPR
08-15-2007, 02:20 PM
so i was a big fan of ecutek with my sti, but they only go back to 99. and i doubt the legacy i get (if i ever find one damn it) is going to be a 99, im sure it will be closer to 96 97. so is there any other ecu managment out there that you guys are using?

Huffer
08-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Some of us are using SAFC's, but the ECU's are self-learning, so you have to reset the ECU all the time.

The only way around it is to go full standalone, or use a much more sophisticated piggyback.

SPR
08-15-2007, 06:00 PM
hmm seems like the more i read about this car the less i like it haha. i dont think ill be happy with it at all untill i get the sti motor,tranny,ecu in there lol. just seems like there is no hope for tuning the stock. thanks for the reply thou!

Huffer
08-15-2007, 08:34 PM
As a performance shop, you should already know that there's not too many gains in the NA motor beyond cams... although if you use the PP6 ECU there are supposedly some good gains.
http://www.rallitek.com/rapeecu.html

SPR
08-15-2007, 09:30 PM
well we arnt a performance shop, were just a car club. but ive never tore into NA suby before, they have always been turbo, guess i never realized how unperformance friendly the stock motors are lol.

but im not even going to worry about buying a ecu since i want turbo it would just mean id have to build the shit out of the motor, not worth it to me, id rather swap a motor which means id need a ecu anyway. so i think ill just buy a wrecked sti and salvage what i can so i can use my ecutek.