PDA

View Full Version : Fastest FWD Legacy???

1-bad-legacy
07-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Hey everyone, I was just wondering what the fastest time posted by a FWD Legacy, or any FWD Subaru is. I have yet to run mine but its for sure a solid 14 high 13 second FWD 92 Legacy. Just wondering what else is out there. Thanks!!!

Wiscon_Mark
07-28-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm guessing you're running a non-stock engine/drivetrain setup then...this is with mods?

SC00BS
07-29-2005, 01:37 AM
I know of 1 FWD liberty in Sydney that is supposedly very quick. I'll ask him if he's run the 1/4. If not I'll ask him for power figures, I'm pretty sure he has put it on the dyno

1-bad-legacy
07-29-2005, 01:45 PM
That is with mods. Now all I need is some traction, first gear I cant get anything but tire spin and in second it will leave a 20 foot blackie with a chirp in third. I'm gonna get an aluminum flywheel then do some suspension work to see if I can hook up better. Maybe get some drag radials or something. But its so much fun when a ricer pulls up next to me at 30 mph and I down shift into second and smoke the tires, I can't get over the look on their faces :shock:

1992 Subaru Legacy Mod List:

Engine-

-n/a EJ22E <stock internals>
-WRX turbo <polished>
-WRX top mount intercooler <polished>
-Custom intercooler piping
-Racing Dynamics lightweight crank pulley <1.7lbs>
-Stock BOV
-4 to 1 stainless turbo manifold
-3" catless stainless downpipe
-3" custom exhaust
-APEXi S-AFC
-APEXi S-ITC <ignition timing controller>
-HKS variable boost controller <set at .5 BAR>
-JDM Legacy twin turbo fuel pump
-Nissan SR20DET injectors
-Optima red top battery
-GReddy Boost Guage
-GReddy EGT guage
-Venom A/F guage
-ACT 6 puck solid hub clutch
-Custom Short Shifter
-Polished valve covers
-Custom red anodized intake manifold
Soon to buy:
Turbo timer> APEXi or HKS Type 1
Aluminum Flywheel

*All installed and tuned by ME*

-Interior
-Sparco seat
-7.2" screen molded in dash
-Slim PS2
-Sony head unit
-Infinity Kappa front speakers
-Boston Acoustics rear speakers

-Suspension & brakes
-Skunk2 coilovers <for WRX>
-KYB GR2 struts
-Ceramic brake pads

-Exterior
-WRX hood scoop
-Custom front lip
-17" Drag DR6 rims with 215/40-17s
-JDM Headlights
-JDM Corner lights
-JDM Side marker lights
-JDM Grille <TBI>
-Primed and ready for paint

Tris_STi
07-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Pics, please?

What's this EJ22E business, and then saying 'stock BOV'?

Disturbed_beast
07-30-2005, 01:47 AM
Ah yes lots of pictures exterior, interior, top, botton, x-ray what ever you can get

1-bad-legacy
07-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Well my block is natrually aspirated with all stock internals running 9.5:1 compression out of a 92 Legacy, wich is the EJ22E block, the Legacy Turbo block is completely different and I believe they classify that block as an EJ22t. And for the stock BOV, its crushed, so it doesn't leak, wich is what a lot of DSM people do. If I can find an aftermarket one that would fit I would put it on. Right now there is hairline clearance between the BOV and throttle linkage and i haven't found anything that will clear it. I haven't had any problems with the stock one and it sounds damn good so I'm happy with it.

Wiscon_Mark
07-30-2005, 06:59 PM
What is the stock BOV from though? I don't think any of the Turbo legacies had them....I could very well be wrong.

1-bad-legacy
07-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I have a WRX intercooler and it came with the BOV so that what I used.

Wiscon_Mark
07-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, I learned something new today...didn't know WRXs came with BOVs..Can we see some pics soon?

1-bad-legacy
07-30-2005, 07:10 PM
I will try and post some tonight, but its a Saturday, and i'm just a kid, so no promises but I'll try.

jdmconnected
07-31-2005, 12:12 AM
The Legacy turbo block is EJ22G.

Perhaps you are mistaken, a BOV (blow-off valve) blows off pressure to atmosphere and would not be fitted from the factory, surely not on a closed MAF system. Are you referring to the recirculation valve that is equipped on all modern turbo cars? (recirculates back to the intake side)

2deadlegs
07-31-2005, 02:49 PM
I have found that if you put a BOV on a return system, therefore doing away with the recirculating of the air that is not forced into the intake you are inturn defeating the function of the MAP sensor.

If you do such mod to your car it will run like crap....unless you want to run a user programable onboard computer (either stand alone or piggy back) and are a wiz at setting fuel maps and the likes.

1-bad-legacy
07-31-2005, 09:11 PM
A WRX has a BOV or bypass valve, they are the same basic thing. Factory on a WRX the BOV or bypass redirects the air before the turbo into the intake and on my car I routed that same BOV to vent atmospheric. My car has a mass air flow sensor, but I'm running a SAFC which enables me to compensate for the extra air flow that the MAF sees that would result in a momentary rich condition when I close the throttle under boost, like between shifts.

jdmconnected
08-01-2005, 04:44 AM
Once again: the WRX does not come from the factory with a BOV.

Contrary to ricers, BOV marketers, and others, the terms BOV and bypass (CPV - compressor bypass valve) are not really interchangeable. You have either one or the other. (hybrid types are beyond the scope of this post)

BOV = Blow-off valve = high pressure air vented to atmosphere. Blow-off generally means vented to atmosphere or outside.

CBV = Compressor bypass or recirculation valve = high pressure air vented back to intake side of the turbo.

You are correct enough in saying they are the same basic thing, because they are both valves that operate on similar principles, but the difference is what is done with the air.
BOV and CBV (or bypass as you called it) are two different terms, with two different meanings.

What you have done is modified a CBV into a BOV.

2deadlegs
08-01-2005, 10:32 AM
YEAH!!! What Neil said.

1-bad-legacy
08-01-2005, 03:53 PM
OK here are some pictures of what I have. I'll post more in the members rides area.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/7233/derekspics032edited5lg.jpg

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/480/derekspics033edited4os.jpg

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3319/derekspics027edited6xv.jpg

Wiscon_Mark
08-01-2005, 04:32 PM
hmmm, black primer :) I think sheepdog will love it :D

lookin good, but are you planning on painting it?

1-bad-legacy
08-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Yeah I'll get it painted here before long. I posted a poll in the members ride area about color selection. let me know what you think.

scottzg
08-01-2005, 04:51 PM
ej22e is 9.5:1cr, iirc. Was that a typo or did you drop the cr (via headgaskets or something) ?

I like flatblack, its ghetto fab.

1-bad-legacy
08-01-2005, 05:03 PM
My bad, I didnt realize put that. It's 9.5:1

legacy92ej22t
08-01-2005, 05:08 PM
It's a DV. Diverter Valve. The EJ22T has one too but it's a bit different (plastic too).

It's an EJ22T NOT an EJ22G block designation. Trust me, the whole topic was thouroughly looked into a while back on NASIOC and Legacy Central.

There's an EJ20G though (everyone knows that). And I can't remember but the 22b block might be designated an EJ22G but I don't think it was either. Either way, the USDM 2.2 turbo block is definitely EJ22T.

=)

jdmconnected
08-02-2005, 04:12 AM
It's a DV. Diverter Valve. The EJ22T has one too but it's a bit different (plastic too).

It's an EJ22T NOT an EJ22G block designation. Trust me, the whole topic was thouroughly looked into a while back on NASIOC and Legacy Central.

There's an EJ20G though (everyone knows that). And I can't remember but the 22b block might be designated an EJ22G but I don't think it was either. Either way, the USDM 2.2 turbo block is definitely EJ22T.

=)

You're right, USDM motors are EJ22T, I stand corrected.

Whats the difference between a DV and a CBV?

legacy92ej22t
08-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Whats the difference between a DV and a CBV?

Nothing, they're the same thing. I've just always read that the true technical designation for what you're calling a Compressor Bypass Valve (others call it just a bypass valve) is actually called a Diverter Valve or DV. Just throwing in my .02 cents of technical prowess. :wink:

=)