PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kansas

1-bad-legacy
07-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Sorry I haven't intoduced myself yet, I am a proud owner of a 92 Legacy FWD turbo in central Kansas. I'm shooting for the fastest FWD Subaru out there so everyone wish me luck. :-D

galek_98gt
07-29-2005, 02:11 PM
good luck.

2deadlegs
07-29-2005, 02:42 PM
At least you have plenty of long, empty, unpatrolled roads (I-70) to test it on.

Did it start off as N/A and you did the swap? Was it originally AWD?

Post picks punk or get the STFU guy knocking on your door.

Wiscon_Mark
07-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Was it originally AWD?

Why on earth would he do that??!!

Please tell me (its a 92, so I'm pretty darn sure its FWD stock) it was never AWD!

Welcome to SLi, enjoy your stay :)

Yeah, I'm curious to know the progression of your engine building...

1-bad-legacy
07-30-2005, 06:58 PM
The car was originally a FWD with a N/A motor. The car is still FWD with the N/A motor, but with an extensive some what bolt-on turbo setup that I pieced together using mostly WRX stuff. The only stock WRX parts that i have are the turbo, intercooler and BOV. The rest are aftermarket WRX parts, manifold, downpipe, etc. The motor is completely stock inside and I'm still running the factory ecu with an SAFC and SITC. As for pics, I have some but they are HUGE and I'll try to resize them asap.

gator gt
07-30-2005, 10:22 PM
whew. Thats a franken job.

Have you dyno'd it yet? What psi are you pushing?

Any adverse affects on the tranny?

different. different to say the least.

GGT

1-bad-legacy
07-30-2005, 11:36 PM
I haven't dyno'd it yet but I hope to do that in the next few months. I'm running about 6 psi right now on 91 crappy octane with no problems. I have talked to a few other people that are running the same psi without an intercooler but I'm hesitant to crank it up. I haven't had any problems with the tranny yet, but tire spin is a major factor through first and second. With my tires down to 20 psi I can lay a 5 to 10 foot patch in second. Once I start hooking up I'm afraid the tranny won't fair so well.

2deadlegs
08-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Please post some pics of underhood stuff....I would love to do that with my current wagon.

Did you swap out the crossmember?

Wiscon_Mark
08-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Please post some pics of underhood stuff...

He did, look in Member's rides I

2deadlegs
08-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Listen here Sir Postsalot..... I didn't see that. You could haved just told me on aim or in a PM and not made me feel like a tard. :lol: