PDA

View Full Version : What Motor do I have?

HotBoxer
09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Ive heard a bunch about Phase 1 and 2 and DOHC and SOHC but im wondering what motor I have in my 97 LGT. If someone could enlighten me that would be great.

Wiscon_Mark
09-12-2007, 10:13 AM
You have the Phase I DOHC EJ25 motor in your LGT.

It means you're more susceptible to headgasket failure, spark plugs are harder to change, but you have better heads from a flow standpoint.

Sarra
09-13-2007, 01:28 AM
LMAO Yeah, the spark plugs are harder to change. I was surprised, on my Loyale, the plugs are literally sticking out of the block!

In my personal experience, I would take the EJ25D (DOHC motor) over the SOHC motors, having experienced using all of them (my BE was phase 1 SOHC, mom's Outback is phase 2 SOHC, my 98 GT is a DOHC).

grayguy
09-13-2007, 01:35 AM
yeah, you have the phase 1. So when your headgaskets blow (when, not if) you can put your badass heads on a 22t block and build a boost monster :smile:

Huffer
09-13-2007, 07:43 AM
yeah, you have the phase 1. So when your headgaskets blow (when, not if) you can put your badass heads on a 22t block and build a boost monster :smile:

There are plenty of blocks that have not blown HGs.
Mine, for example. :roll:

grayguy
09-13-2007, 08:56 AM

There are plenty of blocks that have not blown HGs.
Mine, for example. :roll:

I'm just bitter because I only drove my car a month after I bought it before they both blew....but there is a bad mis-shift that is more to blame than anything else for that.