PDA

View Full Version : battman's 1999 Volvo V70 R

battman
09-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Here is my girlie friend's new ride.
1999 Volvo V70 R

http://www.idahospeed.com/vol.htm

I will post some better pics later when we take it somewhere cool.

It's quite an upgrade from her 92 Civic HBK CX.

SilentRacer
09-16-2007, 10:10 PM
very nice, i drove one of those old volvo wagons, they have soul.

Plays_with_Toys
09-16-2007, 10:18 PM
very cool.

sharky nrk
09-18-2007, 06:59 AM
that thing is awesome

deadlydave
09-18-2007, 07:35 AM
sweet. Nice paint color too. :smile:

battman
09-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah, at first I didn't like the color, but now I think it is bad ass. We are supposed to hook up the BSR programmer this weekend. I guess when it's set up the car hits 22 PSI. Should be fun. Got to install the JVC DVD headunit this weekend.

The best thing is that now she feels bad that her car is nicer than mine, so you know what that means, bring on the spending frenzy!

deadlydave
09-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Yeah, at first I didn't like the color, but now I think it is bad ass. We are supposed to hook up the BSR programmer this weekend. I guess when it's set up the car hits 22 PSI. Should be fun. Got to install the JVC DVD headunit this weekend.

The best thing is that now she feels bad that her car is nicer than mine, so you know what that means, bring on the spending frenzy!

*pumps fist* YESSSS! :twisted:

2000LWAGON
09-19-2007, 11:33 PM
that wagons so sweet. i love almost all wagons. that looks really nice with the black wheels and the dark tints. the blue paint pops against the windows too. you should slam it. that would look sick

Reason
09-20-2007, 05:00 AM

Just buy all go fast parts first. This way she still thinks her car looks nicer.

auspex
09-21-2007, 06:28 PM
damn, Batt...I haven't seen that Volvo around town, yet, but I'll look out for it. How'd you like dealing with Idaho speed center?

I know they don't do much Suby work, but your car looks great.

-mike

battman
09-22-2007, 02:47 PM
^^^Well, I didn't actually deal with ISC. My buddy Tristan (white bugeye wagon with DNGRCRT License plate) worked there. He just bought a 07 STI Limited so he was selling his cars. My girlfriend loved the Volvo and he gave us a good deal. I live on the bench (vista, overland area) so if you see it, it will probably be in that area. I am always thinking the same thing, I never see Mike's ride around, and I figure there is not a lot of us Legacy guys running around so I am always on the look out for your car. Maybe we will all have to do a meet sometime!

idahospeed
11-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Just buy all go fast parts first. This way she still thinks her car looks nicer.

As the previous owner of the Volvo I can tell you that I cleaned out the performance part catalog. Intake, 3" Downpipe, 3" Dual Exhaust and BSR Programmer. The car should be putting out 410hp at the motor. Yet, due to the fact that the car is AWD and an automatic I would imagine it loses around 60whp. It hauls A$$ for sure though. It's torn down it's fair share of quick rides.

As far as lowering the beast... there are very few, very expensive options due to the rear auto leveling suspension.

battman
11-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah, this is Tristan's old ride. It is definetly a fun car.

legacy92ej22t
11-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Very nice! I like the Volvos for sure.

I'd love to have a modded old '80's Volvo.