PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Non Subaru seats.

SPR
09-20-2007, 04:01 AM
so my friend bought these "sti" seats. they are a sweet seat but no way do they come close to bolting into the car, (98 legacy wagon) if you use the factory rails bolted to the seat its to narrow to fit the mounting holes. if you use the rails that came with the seat, haha lets just say thats a joke. basically these seats dont fit in more than one way, seat belt is in the way, side pillar, rails, so many things.

so to the point, anyone installed a set of racing buckets/ seats that dont fit at all into their cars yet? im curious how you did it.

we plan to make use of the factory rails bolted in the factory locations, and also use the rails that came with the seats, we worked out our design and tried it with wood, but wood just isnt safe of course, so now we are going to fab it up in metal. but before we do im curious of someone elses ideas on how they did it.

anyway a DIY thread and pics will be up soon. but enlighting me on your fabricating.

sharky nrk
09-20-2007, 07:17 AM
just set out a bracket for the mounting holes that fit the seat and weld it onto the slider rails from the stock seats

Huffer
09-20-2007, 09:12 AM
You can also set up a "merge" rail that will connect the seat to the rail?

SPR
09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
You can also set up a "merge" rail that will connect the seat to the rail?

what the hell is a merge rail? lol

Huffer
09-20-2007, 10:45 AM
It's a piece that goes between the stock rails and the seat. That way you can change the seats out without messing up the stock rails & sliders?

SPR
09-20-2007, 11:15 AM
well the trick im doing has the same effect i guess.

chipLRX-SLI
10-23-2007, 11:35 PM
with the seats im going to use a 1/4 inch thick sheet of steel that for my seats is 19l by 16 w i drill the holes for bolts to go up into the steel plate bolt it down using washers and the drill the holes for aftermarket bucket seat bracets so i can bolt the aftermarket seat to the steel plate which are then bolted to the stock sliders that are well bothed to the car

Huffer
10-23-2007, 11:41 PM
with the seats im going to use a 1/4 inch thick sheet of steel that for my seats is 19l by 16 w i drill the holes for bolts to go up into the steel plate bolt it down using washers and the drill the holes for aftermarket bucket seat bracets so i can bolt the aftermarket seat to the steel plate which are then bolted to the stock sliders that are well bothed to the car

Clean up your posts. Use the enter key occasionally and stop typing like you're on crack, or I will be forced to delete them based on poor readability. This is not 3rd grade.

SilentRacer
10-24-2007, 01:34 AM
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/10/grammarpolice-1.jpg

....had to do it. :lol:

chipLRX-SLI
10-29-2007, 12:23 AM
i did the seats about a week ago i used 3/8 thick sttel plates
the where really heavy so i cut a hole out in the middle of the steel plate
they are alot safer than the wood ones i had before