PDA

View Full Version : Holy bananas Batman! Electric Supercharger for your Legacy!

warrior
09-27-2007, 01:14 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Subaru-Supercharger- ... dZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.ca/Subaru-Supercharger-Turbo-Impreza-WRX-STi-Legacy-RS-SVX_W0QQitemZ220152487704QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

That has all kinds of awesome written all over it!!!!!!

StatGSR
09-27-2007, 01:19 PM
:smt046 :smt075

dodik
09-27-2007, 01:23 PM
those things will give you boost the problems is they'll give it to you even if you are standing at redlight. if they could manage to come up with one that spools proportionaly to engine speed i'd actually get one.

rougeben83
09-27-2007, 02:08 PM
That 0.5psi of boost won't be doing anything anywhere in the rev range :lol:

Huffer
09-27-2007, 02:30 PM
those things will give you boost the problems is they'll give it to you even if you are standing at redlight. if they could manage to come up with one that spools proportionaly to engine speed i'd actually get one.

Are you serious???

subba
09-27-2007, 02:58 PM
i wouldnt even waste money on it, i prob get one of them tornado things lol

Sarra
09-27-2007, 03:52 PM
I'd like to do an "electric" supercharger on my car. Use a 12 hp engine to directly drive a traditional blower style supercharger. Hook up the bypass on the supercharger like normal, so at idle, no boost, then at idle, stomp it and you get full boost, instantly!

It's just awesome that htye used an actual dyno too. Why not fake it? It's OBVIOUS from that chart that the damn thing is useless.

Reason
09-27-2007, 07:09 PM
That has all kinds of awesome written all over it!!!!!!

So bite the bullet and try it out and gives us a review.

subba
09-28-2007, 05:11 PM
It's just awesome that htye used an actual dyno too. Why not fake it? It's OBVIOUS from that chart that the damn thing is useless.

I looked at the sheet, the torque stayed the same only max hp changed.. plus the test car was a Vtec honda :-?

Wiscon_Mark
09-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Are you saying they just flipped their VTEC switch on for the second run?

:lol:

SilentRacer
09-29-2007, 12:04 AM
I think he means the honda gets the extra HP in those RPMS we can't get to.
http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/Civic20a/4.jpg

Wiscon_Mark
09-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Bah, I think that crappy supercharger would choke the engine at those RPMs. I doubt those dyno runs are any more honest than the claims they make about the supercharger.

And that's not to say that there aren't high revving subarus... the EJ207 has a redline of 8,000 rpms. I wish we had it here in the states...

subba
09-30-2007, 12:46 AM
I think he means the honda gets the extra HP in those RPMS we can't get to.
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/
Ding, plus from what i understand horsepower gains from vtec systems are inconsistent.. what i understand, dont know if its true.

Wiscon_Mark
09-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Well, yeah, it's inconsistant. It actively adjusts the valves due to conditions, like fuel, air temp, moisture in the air, etc, so each run will be a little different (and probably noticable on the dyno).

StatGSR
09-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I looked at the sheet, the torque stayed the same only max hp changed.. plus the test car was a Vtec honda :-?

actually the torque increased over the powerband. if it didnt its impossible to gain hp.

Ding, plus from what i understand horsepower gains from vtec systems are inconsistent.. what i understand, dont know if its true.

wrong. VTEC acts the same every time. all VTEC systems activate at a given RPM providing there is enough engine load and oil temp and pressure are in working order. iVTEC will change the cam phasing as it sees fit based on engine load and rpm but still the vtec cam lob change will occur at a given rpm.

Dynos will read inconsistantly because of changes in air temp and humidity, because those factors affect every car.

SPR
09-30-2007, 07:02 PM
all this hunk of junk does is run your car lean... sounds like a great idea to me.

Wiscon_Mark
09-30-2007, 11:41 PM
all this hunk of junk does is run your car lean... sounds like a great idea to me.

Huh? As long as you're not overworking the MAF or the fuel system, why would it make the car run lean? It doesn't put nearly enough boost to overload the injectors, rails, or fuel pump.

subba
09-30-2007, 11:44 PM
wrong. VTEC acts the same every time. all VTEC systems activate at a given RPM providing there is enough engine load and oil temp and pressure are in working order. iVTEC will change the cam phasing as it sees fit based on engine load and rpm but still the vtec cam lob change will occur at a given rpm.

Dynos will read inconsistantly because of changes in air temp and humidity, because those factors affect every car.

I dont know jack about Vtec's lol i only hear ppl rambling about vtech controlers and dyno tuning