PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Colorado

phoonTy
11-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi, thought I'd stop in and introduce myself.

My name is T Jay and my wife (Nadine) and I are the proud new owners of a 1997 Legacy GT that we bought from my parents. (They just upgraded to an '08 3.0R - lucky them!) It's all stock and will stay that way for now... except for a new stereo to replace the factory unit.

Here's our "new" Legacy:

http://www.nadgraph.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/1110071523.thumbnail.jpg (http://www.nadgraph.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/1110071523.jpg)

I prefer to do as much wrenching as I can without taking things to repair places or dealers, so I'll be digging through the site and asking questions if we have any issues *knock on wood*.

:cool:

d1giPhux
11-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Welcome! Nice looking car! If you want the factory service manual for that car to make any repairs..feel free to look in my signature and download it off my server! :cool:

phoonTy
11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Welcome! Nice looking car! If you want the factory service manual for that car to make any repairs..feel free to look in my signature and download it off my server! :cool:

Thanks! I will be downloading that tonight for sure. :smile:

It was in great shape when my parents bought it, and they took good care of it while they owned it. It's got just over 103k, so my wife and I plan on having it for quite a while. It has to catch up to our Volvo's 140k and hopefully it does so with less repairs. :lol:

Plays_with_Toys
11-14-2007, 01:39 PM
The only thing you need to worry about with that car is the headgaskets. Those motors are known to blow them in the 80k miles to 120k miles range. Then again, some have gone close to 200k miles before theirs let loose.

So welcome to our site! Don't be afraid to ask a question. The search function here kind of stinks, but in every forum at the top is a thread entitled "_____ threads of note" and you will find in there common questions and things of interest.

BTW, where in colorado are you from?

phoonTy
11-14-2007, 05:11 PM
The only thing you need to worry about with that car is the headgaskets. Those motors are known to blow them in the 80k miles to 120k miles range. Then again, some have gone close to 200k miles before theirs let loose.

So welcome to our site! Don't be afraid to ask a question. The search function here kind of stinks, but in every forum at the top is a thread entitled "_____ threads of note" and you will find in there common questions and things of interest.

BTW, where in colorado are you from?

Yeah, I've been reading some of the posts and have seen the ones about the headgasket. If it goes, maybe I can get my parents to "warranty" our purchase. :lol: Good to know on the search function too, but it can't be any worse than the search at SyTy.net (http://www.syty.net).

From? Currently, Greeley. :smile:

RckyMtnLegacy
12-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the forum. And howdy do from colorado. Like the snow?

sheepdog
12-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Welcome! CO represent!

phoonTy
12-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the forum. And howdy do from colorado. Like the snow?

I love the snow... just hate driving in it with all the other crazy people. :lol:

My wife and I have only had the LGT for a month or so, and I'm already wanting to trade our Volvo 850 for an S70 AWD. :lol: Can't beat it in the snow.

LunchBox04V
12-31-2007, 02:44 PM
Hello and welcome! I know a few people from the Utah area and they say that the skiing is getting good. Oh and watch out for the cougar. Apparently there is one wandering down main street in his home town!