PDA

View Full Version : phoonTY's 1992 GMC Typhoon, #2482 of 2499...

phoonTy
11-15-2007, 01:37 PM
1992 GMC Typhoon, #2482 of 2499...

Mostly stock except for:

• 3" dp & exhaust
• hi-flow cat
• Addco sway bar
• K&N
• Greddy boost controller
• soft IC lines & Johson IC pump.

Currently running open downpipe :grin: And if I can avoid the noise ticket, I think it'll stay that way. :lol:

http://www.nadgraph.com/gallery/pictures/tjay_9_medium.JPG

http://www.nadgraph.com/gallery/pictures/tjay_11_medium.JPG

And here it is, sitting next to the other turbo brick in the family. :lol:

https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2007/11/991887612_b613c7a000-3.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nadgraph/991887612/)

SPR
11-15-2007, 02:23 PM
oh man! i freaking love those!!! i like the cyclones better, not to fond of the suv's, but still gotta love that screaming awd from the early 90's!

sharky nrk
11-15-2007, 02:24 PM
great suv. I have always wanted a cyclone myself but typhoon is definately just as cool

vtlegacy95
11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
get rid of the altezzas either go with stockers or the apc all clear. just me opinion. I have the all clear on my truck and white is the only way to pull it off.

I want a Syclone myself, some day right now I'll have to deal with just a V-8 S-10 :)

deadlydave
11-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Interesting 2-tone, is that stock? I like it, would look good with some gunmetal wheels. :cool:

And I <3 your garage.

phoonTy
11-15-2007, 05:28 PM
get rid of the altezzas either go with stockers or the apc all clear. just me opinion. I have the all clear on my truck and white is the only way to pull it off.

I want a Syclone myself, some day right now I'll have to deal with just a V-8 S-10 :)

The Altezza's were on it when I bought it. And it takes enough money to keep it running right, I don't have spare for cosmetic changes. :lol:

deadlydave, yes... well... it's stock color scheme. It was repainted pearl white and silver by the previous owner. Original color is White/Argent Grey.

There were a few color options, but the only ones that were solid color were white/white, black/black. Everyone else got grey cladding.

And I'm sticking with stock wheels for now. I've photoshopped the few options I have (very specific offsets/lug pattern make wheel choices limited at best without extra work and/or adapters) and with my specific color combo, most wheels look awful. :lol:

And I love my garage too! I try very hard to keep it clean and organzied. :lol:

vtlegacy95
11-15-2007, 09:07 PM
The Altezza's were on it when I bought it. And it takes enough money to keep it running right, I don't have spare for cosmetic changes. :lol:

I hear you on that, I think my truck is more reliable and better running with V-8 then the 4.3 ever was.

deadlydave
11-15-2007, 10:04 PM
deadlydave, yes... well... it's stock color scheme. It was repainted pearl white and silver by the previous owner. Original color is White/Argent Grey.
There were a few color options, but the only ones that were solid color were white/white, black/black. Everyone else got grey cladding.

I too, am part of the 2-tone club, It's all good! :grin:

phoonTy
11-16-2007, 10:09 AM

I hear you on that, I think my truck is more reliable and better running with V-8 then the 4.3 ever was.

The 4.3 would be reliable withouth sending 14.7 psi through it. :lol: Not to mention there really wasn't much R&D on these parts buckets. And with 2 years of production, there's not much aftermarket/upgrade support either. But hey, it's worth every penny and busted knuckle. :razz:

vtlegacy95
11-16-2007, 02:05 PM

The 4.3 would be reliable withouth sending 14.7 psi through it. :lol: Not to mention there really wasn't much R&D on these parts buckets. And with 2 years of production, there's not much aftermarket/upgrade support either. But hey, it's worth every penny and busted knuckle. :razz:

The 4.3 in my truck, I had nothing but problems. it had around 130,000. Instead of rebuilding the 4.3 I droped in a crate 350 th400 nothing but driving it ever since, the worst problem I had was with the hedman longtubes which I am replacing with shorties.

strat81
11-17-2007, 11:54 PM
mmmm... typhoon!!

awesome truck... not a fan of the tails but you've already mentioned that.

i remember reading a post on another forum awhile back. some kid was asking about this black "s10" with a kit on it at a traffic light. said kid tried to race this "s10" in a fwd (can't remember if it was a cavalier/grand am/etc) in the rain. he said the truck took off like a bat out of hell while he just sat and spun. his words were "it had these syclone decals on it"

the rest of the forum pretty much roasted the kid for his stupidity.

i'd love to have either a syclone or a typhoon.