PDA

View Full Version : New member; old Subaru fan

12-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Hello all-

I currently own a 5MT '98 LGT in Rio Red. She is my 4th Subaru (1x ~'86 GL, 2x '91 Legacy Turbos, 1x BD) in 10 years. One of my two '91s was pretty heavily modified, but I'm having a lot of fun with natural aspiration and my BD.

So far I've done the following:

Suspension

- 2002 WRX STI topmounts
- 2002 WRX struts + springs
- Whiteline front+rear endlinks, adjustable rear swaybar, adjustable lateral links
- Rolled fenders and stock wheels (:roll:)

Engine/Exhaust

- Perrin lightweight crank pulley
- Injen CAI
- Techworks Engineering 5-angle valve grind, stage 1 port+polish and stage 1 cams
- Techworks Engineering 4-into-1 EL header, high-flow cat, resonated midpipe and high-flow muffler

I've done a few other minor things (driving lights, gauges, etc.), but these are the fun bits so far. The car is totally transformed, a complete monster to drive.

I look forward to contributing what I can and learning from those who know more than I. See you around!

-Matt

ivwarrior
12-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Welcome, I'm sure you'll like it here. Do you have any further plans for the car? If you haven't done it already, a Kartboy short-shifter and their bushing kit makes a nice improvement in shift quality.

Plays_with_Toys
12-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Have you had your car dyno'ed? Sounds like you've got about as many NA power mods as one can perform without dumping massive amounts of money in. The only things missing is the progression to high compression frankenmotor.