PDA

View Full Version : Front Strutbar

Ante_J
08-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Can i mount a frontstrutbar from any impreza GT/WRX (93-00) to my 92 Legacy 2.0 Turbo Sedan?

scottzg
08-15-2005, 12:29 AM
it has to be for a turbo gc, but yes.

Disturbed_beast
08-15-2005, 02:35 AM
02 WRX STI strut bar fit i have the rear and front for my car im almost sure it's the same for 92 legacy

gator gt
08-16-2005, 10:01 PM
02 WRX STI strut bar fit i have the rear and front for my car im almost sure it's the same for 92 legacy

Negativ-o DB. An 02 WRX FSTB may fit your BD/BG, but it won't work for a GC or BC.

BUT, a GC FSTB will work on a BC. We all (GC/GF/GM, BC/BJ/BF, BD/BG/BK, GD/GG) share the same front strut top mount, but the GC and BC are rotated the same direction, and the BD and GD have the same rotation, but the two groups differ in how they are orientated.

I've seen a JDM GC WRX Ver4 carbon fiber strut tower brace on a US BC. But I have compared my BD top mount bolt locations to the GC bolts and they don't appear to line up.

IF they do, then I apologize, but I was confident enough to blow off a deal on a real carbon fiber Ver4 FSTB from Japan due to fitment issues.

So, Ante_J, you should be able to install it no issue; as I have seen it with my own eyes.

GGT

GGT

Ante_J
08-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Okej, sounds good, but what car and MY is a JDM GC WRX Ver4? :-)

But i have another question to you, i don`t have a clue when u talk about BC, GC and so on, i understand that it is a model code somehow but i don`t know what car and MY, Legacy or WRX/GT, here in Sweden the impreza was named impreza GT (with 2.0 Turbo) from MY93 to MY00 and from MY01 it is named WRX, so im very confused :wink: :?

ex: (GC/GF/GM, BC/BJ/BF, BD/BG/BK, GD/GG)

Could anyone translate it for me? :)

/stoopid polar-man :wink:

sheepdog
08-17-2005, 03:12 PM
No worries man, I didnt knwo what they were talking about either when I first got here. There is a thread around where I asked the same question, Ill go see if I can find it. If not, Im sure someone else knows where it is. It may even be in SLi 101

sheepdog
08-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Here ya go, it helped me a lot :)

http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=86&highlight=

Ante_J
08-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Nice! That was a big help, thx!

Now i just have to find myself a front strutbar, and maybe a rear? Does the a rear strutbar to a JDM GC WRX Ver4 also fit my BC?

gator gt
08-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Sorry about the alphabet soup :-D

If your BC has the same rear top mounts as a GC, then it should work. Reason I say should is due to LENGTH between the two strut towers.....if they are the same, then SUPER! It'll work. If not, then I'm sure you could have it modded at a local suspension shop. They should be able to weld an extension or cut it down to fit your application.

My guess is that it will bolt on no issue....but haven't tried it, so I'm not stamping a guarantee on it.

GGT

Wiscon_Mark
08-20-2005, 03:13 PM
It may even be in SLi 101

Workin' on it...need to figure out the SVX, Forester codes yet, someone PM me about that, if they have any info.

As far as a strut bar goes...have you gotten upgraded swaybars yet? Because teh Subaru frame is very good, and the strut towers don't bend much. A swaybar will help handling a lot more than a strut bar, IMO.

gator gt
08-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah, if you're going for bling.....strut bars are your first 'suspension' answer...

but Mark is on the, er, well, mark (sorry) with the sway if what you're after is handling prowess! Sway and tires should always be the first mods if you want responsiveness in your handling.

GGT