PDA

View Full Version : help with engine

shinobi05
08-15-2005, 01:55 AM
can any one help me find a engine that is not expensive for a 1990 legacy cause mine is knocking really bad and sounds like a diesel when you turn it on and wont even go past 5 miles an hour some times even when my pedal is to the floor. i am in need of an engine bad for this is the only car i have to get around and i am on foot right now casue i dont wanna brake the car more than it is

Disturbed_beast
08-15-2005, 02:12 AM
Has the car been sitting for a while?

shinobi05
08-15-2005, 01:47 PM
no when i first got the car it a had a little knock but a little bit after that it got worse anf i have no idea what is goin on with the engine

Wiscon_Mark
09-04-2005, 10:51 AM
try thicker oil, and Lucas oil additives, and see if it doesn't smooth out after a few hundred miles. I started getting some heavy knocking 10k back, I did that treatment, and I haven't had it since (haven't used Lucas since either).

gator gt
09-04-2005, 07:20 PM
WRX ENGINE SWAP TIME!!!

j/k...try the thicker oil. How many miles you got? does it flash the check engine light? Pre-OBD2 cars would flash the problem when the car has the keys turned to start, but isn't running. Wondering if its thrown anything for you to be able to read.

GGT