PDA

View Full Version : What to do? Whoa is me. Poor poor me...

2deadlegs
08-15-2005, 03:06 AM
Last night my inlaws purchaesd a new Jeep liberty and gave my wife their 99 altima so now my wife has given me back the 93 Sedan I bought for her.

Now I have my 90 BJ 5MT (wagon) and my 93 4EAT BC (sedan)..

both run great and have cold A/C. Interior is like new on both, the BJ has a few ding but the BC has some slight hail damage. New tires on the BJ the BC needs new tires.

I just put (2) MTX 12in woofer in an MTX box powered by a power acoustik 520 watt (running bridged) amp and a Profile 300 watt amp powering my mids and highs in the wagon. The sedan got treated to a new battery and a window mounted, amplified antenna.

The wagon has 130K on the clock with some rust on misc engine parts where as the 93 sedan has 214K on it with zero rust anywhere.

I want to take one of the cars on the superstreet tour in early sept so I need to get on the ball.

If anyone says "sell one".....I will e-smack you.

Disturbed_beast
08-15-2005, 03:29 AM
:smt115 I say sell the altima buy a STI engine for the 93 sedan and give her back the wagon :twisted: :smt077

2deadlegs
08-15-2005, 04:34 AM
Wagon was mine originally because it is a 5spd and she can't drive it. I bought her the auto 93 sedan so she would have a legacy.

The altima has less than 90K on it and is in mint cond. Besides...we have to make the payments on the Altima. My wife wanted it...and what she wants...she gets it....

I also feel better putting my kids in a newer car with all the safety features.

SUPERSTREET Tour to NOPI is coming in 31 days!!!

Maybe I should part the 90 out to make money for rims, coilovers, gas, food, and hotel stay....

phi11
08-15-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm going to teach my wife how-to drive a 5 speed this weekend.
Sticks are a blast. Later she'll take a motorcycle class.
(once you know stick, you understand bike alittle better.)
Maybe it time to teach her. :-D

sheepdog
08-15-2005, 12:41 PM
good luck. My girlfriend cried, got pissed at me, cried again, and finally got it. Luckily this was before the stage 3 clutch went in the accord haha :twisted:

galek_98gt
08-15-2005, 12:55 PM
you know i could really use a wagon. my two kids take up my whole back seat and that damn stroller takes over the trunk. man a wagon would be really nice for that extra room to get around in. wow and that would be great if i could get an affordable second vehicle that way my wife would have to learn how to drive.

but i'm not saying sell it, but if you wanted to sell i'd sure would like to get a chance to buy.

2deadlegs
08-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Lets just say the wagon isn't 100% legal in the eyes of the law. I would love to sell it to a fellow SL-i'er but I would have to sell it to you as a parts car or.....you could finish what I started to make it 99% legal.

I'm not exactly sure it would pass emissions in your state...if you have emmisions that is.

The wagon needs little to be perfect.

I would trust it to drive from FL to CA and back in a heartbeat.

galek_98gt
08-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Lets just say the wagon isn't 100% legal in the eyes of the law. I would love to sell it to a fellow SL-i'er but I would have to sell it to you as a parts car or.....you could finish what I started to make it 99% legal.

I'm not exactly sure it would pass emissions in your state...if you have emmisions that is.

The wagon needs little to be perfect.

I would trust it to drive from FL to CA and back in a heartbeat.

oh i'd get the registration done as Texas and they don't require it. what kind of fixes is it needing?

2deadlegs
08-15-2005, 06:49 PM
I PM'ed you....

Wiscon_Mark
08-15-2005, 08:50 PM
I'd say part out the sedan, cause the wagon's body isn't damaged as much and the wagon also has a 5MT and a lot less miles. Use the sedan for spare parts. Just my 2cents ;)

2deadlegs
08-16-2005, 12:12 PM
It's a pain in the ass to part a car out. I usually woulld do it in a heartbeat if the weather was much cooler but it is wicked hot. I found out just how stank it is outside lastnight when I transfered all of my audio equipment over to the sedan. I got such a migrane doing it that I ended up vomiting.

DAMN YOU FL!!

Guimauve
08-16-2005, 07:41 PM
If I hear you complain about hot weather one more time, I will personally remove one of your legs, and gnaw on it in front of you. Good day. ^^

(gets -50C in winter here)

Wiscon_Mark
08-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Dude, the wagon, with FWD and a manual (and less miles!!!) is going to serve you a lot better. If you want to go to that show, blowing everyone away with a wagon (I know its fairly quick with FWD, don't get angry, AWD has more drivetrain loss) that can do burnouts and stuff will be a lot cooler. Keep the wagon, its more practical and fun!

2deadlegs
08-17-2005, 03:31 AM
None of my cars are AWD homey.

I might be selling the wagon to a fellow board member but if not I will be putting the 5MT into the sedan when the 4EAT blows up.

Hey Canada boy...I'll trade you any day your cold for my hot. I love cold weather. I hate this heat and humidity bullshnit.

Oh yeah....where is my hitch?? and my case of Canadian Molson gold...not that shit they send our way.

Canada and germany get the good beers, japan and Australia get the sweet cars....and we are stuck with CRAP!!!

Wiscon_Mark
08-18-2005, 07:38 PM
the wagon, I stand by what I said. Oh, and 2DL, we get really hot weather in teh summer too, minus the bugs.

shazapple
08-19-2005, 11:52 PM
If I hear you complain about hot weather one more time, I will personally remove one of your legs, and gnaw on it in front of you. Good day. ^^

(gets -50C in winter here)

What he said, eh :-D