PDA

View Full Version : replaced my 2 subies with one new one.

Danbob
01-17-2008, 04:17 PM
As many of you know, I had a cool 95 Legacy wagon with some mods and a 2004 WRX with tons of mods. The 95 legacy blew its brakelines, and the wrx was getting up there in milage for a 2004 and starting to show signs of aging. Long story short....I traded the WRX and sold the legacy to a guy who will probably become a member on here because he is cool like that. We bought this:
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/01/IMG_4120-2.jpg
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/01/IMG_4117-3.jpg

2008 Impreza 2.5i Hatch. Unfortunately it's an automatic but at least it has fake-stick-mode. Wifey needs to be able to drive it. Because of the growing price of gas and our desire to have a bigger house with a garage before we have a sportscar again, we opted for something a little less intense than a WRX. We are gonna do mudflaps, Rear Bumper Protector, Trunk Tray, red tails, a sports grille and wheels and tires for mods over time. No go fast goodies on this car. i want it to be rugged and fun to take all over the place. It is a great car and handles better than my stock wrx did. It's also pretty quick for a 2.5 N/A motor. I was surprised as hell the first time I drove it. My brother has a stock 1.8T Jetta and I think the impreza feels faster. Anyway. Just wanted to show you guys the new car.

deadlydave
01-17-2008, 04:27 PM
not too shabby! Do you have plans to put red RockBlocker over the taillights?

shizznats
01-17-2008, 05:12 PM
can i ask why of all colors, you got that one?

Danbob
01-17-2008, 09:46 PM
red rockblocker most definitely for the tails.

I chose the color because I LOVE it. It's rugged, it hides dirt, and it looks way better in person than in the pics. I was tired of blue and red and I hate the white and black that they have so it was either this, or grey. I chose this. :twisted: I think it's gonna look sick with the sports grille and some nice multispoke gunmetal rally-wheels

Mr. Sociable
01-17-2008, 11:36 PM

I like it. To each their own I guess.

Reason
01-18-2008, 12:34 AM

It's different, I'm sick of seeing WRB Subarus.

peugoby
01-18-2008, 03:22 AM
Does it have rear drums or discs? I remember reading in Sport Compact that they were sticking drums in the rear again on base models.

Not my style, but I'm glade you like it. I can respect the rugged aspect of it... I wish my Lego sometimes was a little more rugged.

GrassyKnoll
01-18-2008, 08:59 AM
the 08s are growing on me but i'm not sure I can back your color decision.

Other then that good luck with her! As long as it's a subie you can't lose.

Danbob
01-20-2008, 08:03 PM
rear drums - no biggie for us. I'd only need all four to be discs if it were a wrx or if I were going to mod it. We love it and I respect everyone who is not enjoying the color LOL. I am sure that the next suby we get in a couple of years will be something I will mod and want to stand out a bit more. I just want this one to look good and drive well for many years.

gunny11218
02-11-2008, 02:38 PM
nice car. i like the new ones. you should have gotten an sti though

DLC
02-11-2008, 02:59 PM
The STI is twice the price, half the mileage and one million times more likely to attract the attention of Five-oh and riceboys.

You picked the perfect undercover car.

battman
02-11-2008, 03:42 PM

The color is nice for a more luxury look IMO. Glad you are happy with it!

Danbob
02-19-2008, 05:59 PM
nice car. i like the new ones. you should have gotten an sti though

Had a modded wrx....Loved it. Dtiched it for the sake of saving money, buying a bigger house with a garage, and something to put in the garage. I now want Subarus for my daily drivers. Once we have no more car payments, I will either buy a used Porsche or used M3 and that will be the toy :grin: For me, I have to have something faster than a modded WRX now, and an STI, while it is an awesome car, should be driven more than I plan to drive whatever toy that I buy. I want a real garage queen to bust out on nice days. IMO it does not make sense to have anything super fancy for day-to-day anymore. I will stick probably to outbacks and imprezas for DD's from now on.

PGH Jumper
10-13-2008, 10:12 AM
My brother has a stock 1.8T Jetta and I think the impreza feels faster. Anyway. Just wanted to show you guys the new car.

Most definitely, I've only been in a handful of jettas that actually feel like they could compete in something. Good choice, like the car and color is different, didnt know it came in that. Have fun!

rougeben83
10-19-2008, 02:51 PM
I can respect someone who is willing to sacrifice a little to get something bigger in the bigger picture.

House > car IMO.

impreza_GC8
10-20-2008, 02:30 PM
I can respect the sacrifice as well but dang man, thats the most unexciting Subaru you could've bought. You've got dedication. I wish you good luck with your goals.

Danbob
01-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Hey guys - it's been a while. The Suby is now my wife's car because we ditched our Corolla back in October....I got me a 2009 Suzuki SX4 with navi and all sorts of goodies now, and it's a stick which is great because I was dying driving an auto. What a great car it is. I like it more than the 08 impreza and even almost as much as I liked my wrx. It is the best car I have ever driven in the snow due to the fact that you can lock up the diff. like a true 4x4....Very fun and small vehicle and I have begun lightly modding it...no turbos or anything, but perhaps a cold air, exhaust and maybe a lift kit with some bigger tires :smt002 I know it's a suzuki, but it is a damn fine vehicle and has a lot of character. Pics up soon....the suby is doing well too. Some goodies but not too many because my wife does not want too flashy...Just rally armor flaps, rear bumper protector, oem exhaust tip, and thats about it. Pics up soon of the suby too. We are also still working toward all of the things I had said we wanted to do, and are hopefully going to be selling our condo and buying a house with a garage... Someday I will get my toy to put in the garage but for now, it's worth it to have 2 nice, new, reliable cars that are fun to drive and enjoy other things....especially in these times.