PDA

View Full Version : speaker problems!!!!

02legacygt
02-18-2008, 02:12 PM
So i got this killer deal on 4 Sony Xplodes 250w each 6.5 from Walmart of all places, had them on sale for open box. So after taking them home and making sure they all worked, THEY DONT FIT!!!!, the window hit the magnet, so i returned them and got some cheap Roadmaster 200w speakers, THEY DONT FIT EITHER, the window hit the magnet and the 3 way top part hit the door card !!!!, So I returned them and went to Best Buy, talked to a guy in the Auto Speaker part, and bought some Kenwoods(i see alot of people have this brand an thought i would give it a shot!)......guess what, THEY DIDNT FIT EITHER!!!!, the magnet hit and if i put a space in they would hit the door card

What the hell do I do NOW???

on a side note the inside of my car is a different color than my car, the inside of the door is like a reddish color, and my car is winter green metallic???

decke48
02-18-2008, 03:43 PM
truely only shallow mount speakers work in front but i think you can space out the speakers and make them work. idk i have infinity ref components in the front and there not shallow mounts
https://sl-i.net/FORUM/images/imported/2008/02/IMGA0257-1.jpg
there using the factory mounts

dodik
02-19-2008, 09:21 AM
i have kenwoods in fron and xplodes in the back, and i had them installed in my old BD before i sold it, they are not shalow either i just reused factory mounts and everything worked out perfectly. take a few pics then someone may have a solution for you. dont see a reason for your car to be red on the inside i had green car and inside all panels where green too.

02legacygt
02-20-2008, 07:19 AM
I tried to use the factor mounts,,, the speaker were 2 wide.
I bought 6.5" speakers,.... which is what we have in our cars right? However they were like .25" bigger than my stock ones, all of them didnt even come close to fitting in the factory mounts, they would have had to been mounted to the door, and thats why the magnets where all to big.

and btw i looked at the factory watts on the speakers... 30!!!!
30 friggin watts... how do you expect to get any sound from them...

i think im just gonna try crutchfeild.....

decke48
02-20-2008, 10:49 AM
my stocks were 20watt max!! i hate brands that sell true 6.75 as 6.5 because they sometimes fit in some applictions that require 6.5s

Hotshot
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
I have a set of 40$ a pair sony xplodes in my 97 outback wagon and they seemed to fit fine in the the stock mounts. I know this isi a common problem, and I believe that you can get spacers to give the speaker a little more room.

02legacygt
02-21-2008, 07:08 AM
YESS!!!!!!!! Last night I went back to Best Buy and talked to a kid who was working that happened to own a 03 Legacy, so he pointed me in direction of a really nice set of pioneers they had on sale. Not sure what type however, they are specially made for shallow mount doors!!!!. They 260w a piece, i spent a little more than what I originally wanted however after install last night... Im soooo glad i went the extra!!! Now i just gotta get a Head Unit!!!!

Does anyone have specs on the factory sound system in the 02' legacy? I know obv. now that the stock speakers where 30w, however what rating is the stock radio? I turned the stock all the way up lastnight and the speakers didnt crackel or sound overloaded, and the lights on the radio didnt dim either. So like i said im kinda curious to know what kinda specs it has. I have the factory am/fm tape player, and there is a single disc cd player right below it.

dodik
02-21-2008, 09:17 AM
unit wattage depends on what unit you have but most of them around 80 watts. oh and 260w watts each is peak max power normal operating range is a lot less, check the box. i have total of 980w of peak power from my speakers but normal load is around 200w for all four.

Wiscon_Mark
02-21-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm using the base line Polk db series speakers. They're pretty nice :smile: