PDA

View Full Version : Smoother shift?

.AWD.GT.
03-08-2008, 01:54 AM
My 98 Legacy GT has a A/T ( For now....). Every once and awhile I put the pedal to the floor ( To get what I can outta it). When hits about 5,000 RPM or so it has a rocky transition into the next gear. Its like a very slight hesitation. Depending on whether or not I do a S/T swap, is there a way to get a smoother shift between gears. Less hesitation.....I don't know how clear I'm being. See what you can make out of what I'm writing, haha.

jey
03-08-2008, 03:03 PM
First thing to check is, what does your transmission fluid look like?

pheonix991
03-23-2008, 05:58 AM
Not much you can do aside from change the tranny fluid, or get a rebuild I'd imagine that would help.

Btw, I've priced a swap for our cars, it is about $1k if you get a good deal on the tranny. Imho, I wouldn't worry about swapping it, and just get a newer car.

Huffer
03-23-2008, 07:01 AM
Not much you can do aside from change the tranny fluid, or get a rebuild I'd imagine that would help.

Btw, I've priced a swap for our cars, it is about $1k if you get a good deal on the tranny. Imho, I wouldn't worry about swapping it, and just get a newer car.

There are performance autos for these cars... unfortunately they are hella expensive:
http://www.importperformancetrans.com/subaruauto.shtml

sharky nrk
03-23-2008, 06:22 PM
a flush is where you should start from there the options get expensive

Airgne
03-23-2008, 07:47 PM
if your going to change the fluid, i would recomend AMSOIL. this is some of the best oil i have ever spent my money on. it is alittle expensive, but well worth it. if that doesnt work i would just save the money for a sti swap or something. good luck