PDA

View Full Version : Good grounding points in the BD

kyle86na
03-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Hey guys...

I am running 2 amps, I have them both grounded about a foot back and 6 inches up on the passenger side, in the trunk behind the carpet, I dont know what the point is, but it works... For one amp. I currently have them both there, and it isnt that great.

Leading me to my Question, where is a good point for the second amp, I cannot find anything close to the rear fold down. What have you guys used?

Second issue, i have TERRIBLE alternator noise.( when I have both amps running, just one amp[either one]it sounds fine) I currently have the power running down the TOP of the drivers side ON the hump, and the RCA and remote lead, on the TOP of the hump, Passenger side. is this too close? should I take out the seats and run them further down?

Current set up, Stock premium fronts and tweeters, 2 "better" speakers in the rear, a 10inch alpine sub... 760 mono amp, and a 4 channel 400 watt amp running the 2 rears... I have them side by side, rcas on the inside, powers on the outside. 1in3out distributer block supplying the power.

Any Ideas?

Huffer
03-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Most people run the power cables down the side of the car, you could look into using shielded cables.

Also any unpainted metal on the chassis is fine for a grounding point. There's tonnes of metal back by the rear fold-downs for grounds. Just sand a bit of paint off and attach there.

kyle86na
03-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Yeah i have had the seats out and all the rear carpet up, and I see plenty of good metal but no bolts to attach to, I was weary of tapping a hole in my trunk and risking rusting out the whole floor... I guess i just need some larger connectors and I could attach to the seatbelt anchors? Those are way easy to get to

AFAIK, my cables are shielded, at least the package said the were...
I may end up just taking the seats out and running them closer to the floor. I need to clean anyway :p

phung717
04-14-2008, 07:37 PM
all i did was ground my amp to the rear deck, if you stick your head into your trunk and look up, there are some bolts you can unscrew and simply attach your ground wire to it.