PDA

View Full Version : ebay clip EJ20tt spwap!!! opinions plz

J-Rock!
03-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Ok heres the deal ive been debating for a week now, The Ebay EJ20TT BG chassis clip with rear diff and suspension components. With all this im sure you seen it on ebay could this be done with some time and effort and not so tedius cause everything is there????? IM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS BUY!!!! oh yeah i have the 97 legacy wagon

rougeben83
03-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Need to convert to single turbo, left side turbo will hit the steering column on a LHD car.

Get the manifold, UP, turbo, DP off a WRX...also you'll have to go with another ECU setup (ecu and matching harness) when you convert to single turbo. I *think* you can use a USDM wrx ecu and harness (both need to be the same year, much better if it's coming from the same car).

rad rex
03-27-2008, 10:03 PM
I'd say what would be easier is to get a ex-mail wagon and put everything in there with no modification at all. As long, of course, as you had EVERYTHING from that clip wiring-wise

J-Rock!
03-28-2008, 10:54 AM
ok what if i was doing the RHD drive conversion cause the clip comes with the rack and crossmember??? but i can use single turbo on LHD right then thats the same as the USDM 2.0 correct or no? Thanks

subba
03-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Need to convert to single turbo, left side turbo will hit the steering column on a LHD car.

Get the manifold, UP, turbo, DP off a WRX...also you'll have to go with another ECU setup (ecu and matching harness) when you convert to single turbo. I *think* you can use a USDM wrx ecu and harness (both need to be the same year, much better if it's coming from the same car).

That is not a problem, he has the RHD dash right their + Harnesses If i was in the states i would go for it. Only problem would be emissions & if youre giving to a garage, that might be a few more pennies.
A guy on EvolutionM did the same thing to convert a mirage to Evo1.

EvoM Thread (http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=192173)

J-Rock!
03-28-2008, 12:30 PM
yeah ive been talkin to the guy with the clip and i would like to convert to RHD oh buy the way i think your the guy i talked to on Myspace lol

subba
03-28-2008, 01:22 PM
yeah ive been talkin to the guy with the clip and i would like to convert to RHD oh buy the way i think your the guy i talked to on Myspace lol

Yep its me :lol:

If you do get the clip, you should sell the wagon and get a BD or see if you could get a decent trade, dosent matter if what you trade for is auto or manual because you already have the gearbox + mounts and your going to have to move over the pedals anyway.

If you do decide to get it will you be attempting to do the swap on your own or you will get a garage to do it?

J-Rock!
03-28-2008, 01:27 PM
well ive worked for subaru for the past 4 years as a tech and all my friends are still techs so imma probably gonna do it my self cuase everyone helpin me is subaru techs so it works out

d1giPhux
03-28-2008, 02:13 PM
^ haha damn, I wish i knew how man! i needa make my car fast! haha. if you do do it.. make sure to take LOTS of pics.

decke48
03-28-2008, 10:39 PM
i would do it. but i hate importings stuff over seas. can take 2 weeks to 28 weeks to import something heavy.. telegraph transfers are a pain. but im sure this one will be paypal since its ebay. well if you do it. it will be easy mechanical. wiring might be a pain. but better than merging harnesses.

J-Rock!
03-31-2008, 02:17 PM
ok so heres the deal i decided not to get the clip the bank wont let me lmao anyway it would be a lot of work oh well, i just bought a 94 legacy 2.2 turbo trans is fried but i guess imma just gonna beef up that engine a lil since the cyl walls is good for high boost and after thinkin about it this would be the safest route to take

subba
03-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Tell them youre going on vacation and you want a personal loan, get a travel agency to do up a invoice and carry it to the bank and show them. :grin:

Wiscon_Mark
03-31-2008, 03:53 PM
^ haha damn, I wish i knew how man! i needa make my car fast! haha. if you do do it.. make sure to take LOTS of pics.

If you say this useless garbage in one more thread about an engine swap without providing anything useful, I'm going to temporarily ban you.

Seriously dude, you can't shut up about how you don't know how to make your car fast :roll: