PDA

View Full Version : Hi, My Name is: Zach - and I'm a...

filter27e
09-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Wait.... wrong club... it's not wednesday. Hmmm anyways! Just bought a 1998 Legacy L (BD) and loving it so far... my first subaru and first car other than a pontiac for that matter. Long story how I got here... let's just say I make a somewhat larger contribution to my insurance company each month. Have a son on the way so I'm not counting on being able to afford to do much to it, but I LOVE cars and the information the internet brings :D Spend if anything too much time looking up random stuff so I like to pretend to be a little bit of a knowledge base and take care of all of the household's mechanical needs so I'm not all talk (1984 318i, 1996 maxima, 1989 camry, 1991 camry, 1989 hardbody.....etc. i stay busy).

Oh and 2deadleg: I work for wal-mart :twisted:

Wiscon_Mark
09-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Hey, dude, welcome to SLi :twisted:

Learning is always a good thing, there's lots of knowledge to be had. And we're not all about aftermarket and stuff.

You'll find that subarus are incredibly easy to "tune" as far as doing stuff with it youself, whether it be matinence, or modifications.

Enjoy your stay.

:D

badbasser98
09-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Also, since many of us are college students, we don't have the cash to throw around for our cars either. So there are plenty of "mods" that are free and relativly low cost do-it-yourself projects.

Welcome to SLi,

-BB98

2deadlegs
09-06-2005, 02:46 PM
You could always get one of those electric superchargers.....they are good for atleast 100 WHP.

shazapple
09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
:lol:

Thre seems to be a lot of 98 L's around here. Mines white, and Perdue has a grey one.

Anyway, welcome to the site. Be sure to ask lots of questions!

Tris_STi
09-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Don't let them fool you. Their first mod idea is and always will be a f*cking body kit. Check some of the threads. :)

And Welcome. Glad you come with some previous experience.

badbasser98
09-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Their first mod idea is and always will be a f*cking body kit.

I sure hope you were not refering to me...

I actually have very few exterior cosmetic changes that I want to make to my car. None of which are to put a body kit on it. Also, I am ordering my "first mod" this week, which happens to be headers and a cat-back.

-BB98

Wiscon_Mark
09-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Also, since many of us are college students, we don't have the cash to throw around for our cars either. So there are plenty of "mods" that are free and relativly low cost do-it-yourself projects.

^^What I meant to say, I can see it was a little scrambled... ;)

masube81
09-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey welcome to Sli :smt039

Wiscon_Mark
09-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Don't let them fool you. Their first mod idea is and always will be a f*cking body kit. Check some of the threads. :)

What?!

A few exterior mods like cf hoods and spoilers is not a bodykit....

filter27e
09-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the welcome party! And on the exterior topic I really like the way these cars look stock. I haven't seen a body kit for the 2nd gen legacy that I've liked at all. I could see adding an OEM spoiler to my car because I think it looks bald without one, and a CF hood never hurt anybody as long as you can afford it, but I might even just paint that. My first order of operations is getting my brakes sorted out, they're making a kind of pulsating grinding noise when coming to a stop and the pads look nearly new, rotors are all rusted though and calipers are a bit too. Kinda starting to drive me nuts because it's like hmmm put work into a brake system I'll want to upgrade... but can't until I get larger wheels?? gah!

EDIT:

Oh and I threw some pics up of it just to show family and stuff since I don't have any friends or family around here. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2094128 Since those pictures were taken I took off that stupid rattling license plate frame and the dealer stickers. Thinking about shaving the badges because I've never really been a fan of the way they look and a pain to wax around.

filter27e
09-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Whoa just noticed something, Masube, what kind of grille is that did you make that?

masube81
09-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Whoa just noticed something, Masube, what kind of grille is that did you make that?

That's my homemade grille. :D

CTGTDRIVER17
09-11-2005, 08:02 PM
welcome to sli filter, good to see another person from connecticut. we have a few here.

Wiscon_Mark
09-11-2005, 08:16 PM
welcome to sli filter, good to see another person from connecticut. we have a few here.

seems like more than a few :shock: :lol:

CTGTDRIVER17
09-13-2005, 09:23 PM
last count was i think 8 so filter will make 9

filter27e
09-24-2005, 11:30 PM
lol and I bet all of you guys live towards the coast. Such a small ass state and everytime I see someone from here they always live in the opposite corner.