PDA

View Full Version : Shifter linkage

mp3man85
04-13-2008, 06:08 PM
will a 01 Outback shift linkage fit a 95 legacy? i saw a post about something that had to made from parts at home depot but cant find it anywhere. anyone have a link of what i need to convert this?

elsanto
05-23-2008, 11:41 AM
the OB and Legacy rear shift mount points are different. not sure what else to call it but its the part that mounts rearward of the shift lever under the car.

Wiscon_Mark
05-23-2008, 11:49 AM
the OB and Legacy rear shift mount points are different. not sure what else to call it but its the part that mounts rearward of the shift lever under the car.

I'd like to see some picture evidence of this, because I don't quite believe it. I don't think the rear bushing design on similar model years and makes have ever been different (within the Subaru family, that is).

As for the linkage being compatible, no, not for individual parts it won't be, but if you get the full linkage, I believe you should be able to swap it out. There's a writeup on Legacy Central Online where a user put an 04 STi linkage in his Legacy SS.

decke48
05-23-2008, 02:22 PM
any 5 speed linkage 93+ (i believe) will work but it has to be the whole linkage