PDA

View Full Version : Lens replacement

bakergtt
09-11-2005, 08:59 PM
So anyone had to have a lens replaced in their Morettes yet? Just found out this weekend that my right High beam lens as a hole in it from a rock. I have contacted boxer4racing and asked them and they said they would get back to me and emailed allsubaru but havent heard back form them.

Just wondering if there is a quick and easy way to do this? Any helo would be great.

Wiscon_Mark
09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
is the inside open to moisture? You could try one of those windshield repair things, unless the lens is diffused or something....

might be cheaper, but a replacement would be cleaner *shrug*

bakergtt
09-11-2005, 09:55 PM
is the inside open to moisture? You could try one of those windshield repair things, unless the lens is diffused or something....

might be cheaper, but a replacement would be cleaner *shrug*

yeah the inside is open to it. Shoudl i put tape or something over it to prtect from water?

Well the lens has a hole in it so i dont see how i can repair it.

Wiscon_Mark
09-11-2005, 09:57 PM
I was referring to the silicone kits that you can use on minor windshield cracks, holes, etc. But this sounds a little more extreme than that :shock:

they are glass lenses right?

bakergtt
09-12-2005, 11:19 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/VoodooAdam/headlight.jpg

sheepdog
09-12-2005, 05:06 PM
oh shyte! that blows goats man, ive never seen a headlight take a hit like that. knarly. Other than the morette company, I cant think of a way to fix something that big. You might want to see if its a generic size, maybe you can match up a lens from another, more readily available, foglight or something? Just an idea.

Wiscon_Mark
09-12-2005, 06:54 PM
yeah, silicone filler aint' gonna fix that :shock:

good luck :?

bakergtt
09-12-2005, 08:38 PM
oh shyte! that blows goats man, ive never seen a headlight take a hit like that. knarly. Other than the morette company, I cant think of a way to fix something that big. You might want to see if its a generic size, maybe you can match up a lens from another, more readily available, foglight or something? Just an idea.

Well im sure it happened when i was traveling at a high rate of speed which i do quite a bit cuz i travel lots of back, curvy country roads :-D

sheepdog
09-12-2005, 10:48 PM

Well im sure it happened when i was traveling at a high rate of speed which i do quite a bit cuz i travel lots of back, curvy country roads :-D

Amen to that. My accord has quite a few battle scars from an old gravel road I used as a shortcut to school in high school lol. Maybe Ill take some pictures and post up a "Battle Scars" thread lol.

Disturbed_beast
09-13-2005, 02:11 AM
I put 8mm rockgard plastic over mine so that wouldn't happen

bakergtt
09-13-2005, 11:16 AM
I put 8mm rockgard plastic over mine so that wouldn't happen

yeah i was going to do that too but just hadnt got around to it. may have to jump on that since the winter is coming and I dont want this happening again.

bakergtt
09-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Heard from boxer4racing today, which suprised me, but they can special order it for me from France $155 + ship for some glass :shock:

The lens is made by Hella and i wrote an email to them this morning so hopefully they can help me out for a better price.

Will let you guys know when i hear from them

gator gt
09-16-2005, 11:19 PM
sure enough, look at the center of his lens...."Hella".

Hmph. Interesting.

Anyway, distrubed beat me to it....get some vinyl whether it be rockgard or lamin-x (which is what I used on my fogs). Do that and you won't regret it.

I put yellow Lamin-X on my fogs and besides looking good, it is holding my RH fog lens together. I put them on the fogs, and over the course of 2 years of highway driving, my RH lens has been hit several times. Needless to say, if I didn't cover it with adhesive vinyl, I'd have paid for 2 more fog lamps.

If I ever get around to getting JDM projector headlamps....I'm putting on vinyl sheets WAYY before they get installed onto the car.

I'd go for the glass...yes, its $$$, but its 'OEM' ...and while you're waiting, order up some vinyl so when the glass gets to your place, you put that vinyl on RIGHT AWAY to avoid paying outrageous prices like THAT again.

GGT

bakergtt
09-19-2005, 05:23 PM
got more info on the $155 item. its actually the whole high beam light for the morette not just the glass lens. Almost thinking that you cant get just the lens for those things course i havent heard back from Hella yet so. I will wait tell next monday to hear from the hella guys and if no word i get the $155 item